Clear all

[Solved] System settings per device?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
9e962d1fa5fdf1ca6869ab6765cafef1?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Topic starter
Estimable Member

I'm using EasyVFR4 on three devices. It seems as if the system settings are device specific and can be different on each device. Is that so? Intentionally?

Topic Tags
3 Replies
a0794159f1cc2f4ea8c5e73830745f84?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Admin Beta tester
Estimable Member

Hi Ernst,

Another interesting question. Thanks!

What do you understand with system settings per device?

If you mean the settings a user can change like the Readability or Layout InfoFields, it is intended that the system settings are device-specific. The main reason for that is as follows. Most system-settings that a user can change, are specific for the screen size of that device. For example: On a small mobile screen, in order to avoid a cluttered screen, you do not always want larger icons, buttons and labels, or all available data layers shown. But on a large tablet or desktop, you have much more space. So EasyVFR 4 is designed in such a way that it does not simply scales buttons and windows based on the screen size ratio. But it also makes sure that they have a maximum size (changeable by the user). And it shows as much map if possible, if the screen of the device is large enough, by placing a window not fully over the map. You can test this behavior best on a desktop by changing the size and ratio of the programs window.

However, if you mean by system settings per device, the deeper behavior of the software. The answer is simply yes. Every device, model and manufacture use different architectures and variants of processors, chipsets, drivers, etc. So in order to work on all supported Android, iOS and Windows devices, EasyVFR 4 has, in the deeper levels of its engine, a huge "skill set" to be able to work with all these varieties. And this is not a standard set you easily download and implement from Google an Apple.

- Tim

9e962d1fa5fdf1ca6869ab6765cafef1?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your replies to my postings which mostly cover the mentioned issues. Not quite so here - what I meant with system settings are the units (I did another posting with another unit issue).

Explicit question - can I set the altitude unit, e.g., to m/min on my Huawei tablet, and to ft/min on my, let's say, desktop?  It seems as if this is possible but why?

Ernst.

a0794159f1cc2f4ea8c5e73830745f84?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Admin Beta tester
Estimable Member

EasyVFR 4 does not save the system settings to the cloud. So if you have set on your Huawei the altitude unit to m/min it is not "transported" to your desktop.

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.