Welcome! To help you get started quickly, here is a brief summary of the download, installation, and activation instructions of EasyVFR 4.
EasyVFR 4 runs on all major 64-bit operating systems. iOS/ iPadOS, Android, Windows and macOS. A minimum of 2GB of RAM is advised.
32-bit Android and Apple devices are not supported. A few cheap Android devices are known to be not updated to the 64-bit Android operating system. Also, there are some temporary compatibility issues expected when a new major operating system version is released. When a reliable EasyVFR 4 app is critical to you, always verify this page before updating your operating system.
For more info and the latest status please read the article “Compatible devices and system requirements” or contact the team.
1. ? Download
? Mobile & Tablet
iOS, iPadOS, and Apple Silicon Mac
- 64-bit and 2GB RAM.
We have good results with:
- iPhone 6S and higher.
- iPad Air 2 and higher.
- iPad Mini 4 and higher.
- iPad Pros.
The iPad Mini 5 and newer, and any iPad Pro perform extremely well!
IMPORTANT: Devices with the old 32-bit Android OS are not supported
- 64-bit OS, +3GB RAM. Android 10 and higher is advised.
We have good results with:
- Huawei MediaPad M5.
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (except SM-T810).
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, S6, and higher.
- Most modern smartphones.
Download ? EasyVFR 4 for Android
? Desktop and Laptop
- 32-bit, 2GB RAM, Windows 8 and higher is advised.
Download ? Download EasyVFR 4 for Windows
Apple Silicon Macs
Apple Silicon (M1, M2, and newer) Macs can best run the EasyVFR 4 iOS app, download it via the iOS AppStore on your Mac.
Download ? EasyVFR 4 for iOS, iPadOS, and Apple Silicon Mac
It is also possible to install the below .dmg file via Rosseta.
Apple Intel Macs
IMPORTANT: Intel Macs on Big Sur and Monterey need to have the latest macOS version 11.6.1 or 12.0.1 or higher installed.
Intel-based Macs can only install the below .dmg file and need to follow the below instructions.
- Most 64-bit macOS versions. E.g. High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina. BigSur 11.6.1 and Monterey 12.0.1 and up.
Download ? EasyVFR 4 .dmg installer for Intel Macs
Installation instructions for Intel Macs:
- After downloading the DMG file, open it and drag the EasyVFR 4 icon into the Applications folder. EasyVFR 4 is now available via Launchpad.
- When you get the message “EasyVFR4.app can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store” choose [Open in Finder] from that popup, then right-click on EasyVFR4.app and choose open. Now the same popup will appear, now with a [Open] button.
- From there on you can launch EasyVFR 4 from the launchpad without this warning.
- With every update, you need to redo step 2. ?
2. Activate the app
Simply download the app and create your account during installation.
If you have a paid EasyVFR 3 license bought via the PocketFMS shop, we have already added EasyVFR 4 to that license. You can activate EasyVFR 4 using the same credentials you have for EasyVFR 3, namely your email address and the matching Registration Number.
You can recover your Registration Number by filling in the email address of your EasyVFR-account here.
Optional for EasyVFR 3 users: To get access to the new forum and my-account area, you can create an EasyVFR 4 account at https://easyvfr4.aero/create-account. Please use the same email address you have your EasyVFR 3 license on.
You can activate your EasyVFR 4 app using the same credentials that you have created for the EasyVFR 4 website. In case you need to reset your password, please go to lost password.
If you like to search for an answer yourself, try our ever-growing knowledge base.
EasyVFR Pro and FFM only – As an introduction to the basic use of EasyVFR 4, we have made a QuickStart manual. Currently, it comes in English and German.
A short Tutorial about basic Route Planning with the Aero Navigation App EasyVFR 4 is available at our Youtube channel. Learn how to build a Route directly on the moving map and how to add, append and delete waypoints.
Subscribe to this channel to receive all future videos.
We are all pilots here at EasyVFR and love to help out a fellow aviator! Most questions are answered at our forum. If there is anything you need our help with, please contact us via the forum or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Please share your suggestions, comments, and feedback on our new forum.
The forum is structured into three sections:
- the downloads, our announcements, and projects we are working on.
- the support section where you can ask questions about implemented features and functionalities.
- the new feature upvoting section where you can influence the order of development and even can bring in new ideas.
EasyVFR 3 and EasyVFR 4 are two separate apps. If you have an EasyVFR license which you purchased via PocketFMS.com, you can use both apps simultaneously.
In theory, nothing even stops you from using both EasyVFR 3 and EasyVFR 4 on the same device. Flight plans can be shared and are compatible with both versions. However, if problems do arise, please notify us by submitting a bug report on the forum.