Clear all

Beta 4.0.911 beta (18JUN2021) - In map VFR Arrival and Departure routes

26 Posts
9 Users
1 Likes
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

NEW - In map VFR Arrival and Departure routes

Planning a flight the old fashion way can make you drown in an ocean of information. Provided in many forms and shapes as ICAO charts – VFR plates – AIPs- SUPs – NOTAMs – AUPs, and many more regional sources. Not to mention all the variations between countries and airfields in map design, procedures, where to find what, and even local habits.

EasyVFR 4 makes your life easier by bundling, filtering, and linking all sources in one convenient app. Recognizing what is relevant for the day of the flight, the selected aircraft, forecasted weather, airspace reservations, personal preferences, and the planned route.

To do this job best, EasyVFR 4 can benefit from all the aviation information we can provide on top of what it already uses. That is why we started a few months ago a new data project. To enhance our existing validation processes, exploring new official sources, and rethink how users can benefit from this effort.

Via a series of EasyVFR app and AeroData updates in the coming period, you will get access to a lot of new sweets. Starting today with Arrival and Departure routes within EasyVFR 4!

Screenshot 2021 06 18 at 17.50.37
Screenshot 2021 06 18 at 17.34.45
Screenshot 2021 06 18 at 17.48.15

With beta version 4.0.911 we introduce a new airfield information layer. Starting with Arrival and Departure routes for all airfields that have a VFR reporting point. Germany, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, and Switzerland Denmark are available. The UK, Ireland, and France are next up., shortly followed by all other countries in EasyVFR 4.

1. Update to EasyVFR 4 beta 4.0.911. You find the download links at the bottom of this post.
  2. Update all data : EasyVFR 4 menu -> Downloads Menu -> AeroData Validity Info -> [Update All Data].

Next up for the new airport layer are: Traffic circuits – Ground objects like taxi-ways, runway holding points, windsocks, fuel stations, ATS office – and more. Parallel to that effort, a variety of new airspace and inflight-related layers will be added. Soon more about this.

In the end, you will have basically everything that you need, to find your way to and at a new destination, all within one convenient place. Saving you time to focus on what you need to know, instead of searching through countless publications and websites.

Other enhancements in this beta update

In the below release notes you can find the other new tools and improved features. All on popular request by the community. Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback. Your input really helps us to prioritize development and to make EasyVFR 4 better every day.

Do you have something to share yourself? Feel free to start a new topic here at the forum. We are looking forward to your thoughts on the new features and data types in this update.

Cheers,
Team EasyVFR 4

Release notes

• NEW: Prepared everything to render Airport features like taxiways, runway holding points, arrival routes, departure routes, traffic circuits, fuel stations, ATS offices, windsocks etc
  • NEW: Using menu->system->units->[Latitude/longitude notation] it is now possible to select between Decimal Degrees (DDeg), Degrees Minutes Seconds (DMS) or Degrees decimal Minutes (DDMin) for latitude/longitude displays
  • NEW: Google Maps Tiles now have an extra level added so when zooming in a bit more detail is obtained.
  • NEW: Import of route files created by 3rd party flightplan apps.
  • NEW: When in flightmode the trackline will now show a 10NM distance marker ahead.
  • IMPROVED: Instead of decluttering airfields when zooming out EasyVFR 4 will now always render all airfields, and instead render their symbols smaller to prevent cluttering.
  • IMPROVED: ADSB / FLARM traffic in less than 120 seconds range, without crossing course, will be depicted in amber instead of the default grey color to let it stand out more.
  • IMPROVED: Google Map tiles overlay toggling on/off has been moved from myEasyVFR to mapLayer->Aerodata
  • IMPROVED: When viewing the NOTAM map preset with Smart Airspaces ENABLED, will now color the by NOTAM and by AUP activated airspaces also ping / Purple instead of the hardly distinguishable gray scale.
  • IMPROVED: Breadcrumb rendering is now more distinct.
  • IMPROVED: Routes stored in iOS iCloud via the Files app can now be loaded into EasyVFR4.
  • FIXED: Import of routes on Android 11 now works again. NOTE: Importing via the old style (copying the file to the EasyVFRImport directory) is not possible anymore due to new Android requirements.
  • FIXED: Extremely long NOTAMS were shown corrupted, as a single line or not at all.

Downloads

Apple iOS & iPadOS

• Minimum requirements:
    • 64-bit and 2GB RAM. Effectively:
      • iPad Air 2 and higher.
      • iPad Mini 4 and higher.
      • iPhone 6S and higher.
    • The iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro perform extremely well.
  • Download
    1. Install the Apple TestFlight app via the Apple AppStore.

2. Go to the following URL to download the latest version of EasyVFR4 via TestFlight:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/Zxbi0Hof

Android

• IMPORTANT
  • Minimum requirements:
    • 64-bit, +3GB RAM. Android 7.0 and higher is advised.
    • Android 11 is not yet stable.
  • We have good results with:
    • Huawei MediaPad M5.
    • Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and S6.
    • Most modern smartphones.
  • Download:
    • To install you must enable the option: "Allow the installation of apps from sources other than Play store" in Android Settings, Lock screen and Security. Some Android devices require you to tap&hold the link below, then choose [Download link] to store the APK on your device from where you then can install this downloaded APK.
      https://members.pocketfms.com/WebProgramDownloads/EasyVFR4/EasyVFR4_4.0.911.apk

Windows desktop

macOS High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina

• IMPORTANT:
      • Apple macOS (Runs up to Catalina, Big Sur is NOT supported!).
    • Minimum requirements:
      • Most 64-bit macOS versions. E.g. High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina.
      • Anything with the new M1 chipset (beta).
    • Download:
    • Installation instructions:
      • After downloading the DMG, open it and drag the EasyVFR 4 icon into the Applications folder. EasyVFR 4 is now available via Launchpad.
      • When you get the message "EasyVFR4.app can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store" choose [Open in Finder] from that popup, then right-click on EasyVFR4.app and choose open. Now the same popup will appear, now with a [Open] button.
      • From there on you can launch EasyVFR 4 from the launchpad without this warning.

Estimable Member Beta tester

I *really* like these VFR arrival/departure renders! Very nice and clean, well done!

ReplyQuote

Just noticed a minor issue at EHTE. The holding point for runway 26 comes up as "HOLDING 28"

ReplyQuote
Estimable Member

@r-turkrtist-nl Also had a flight ETSL-EDNK-EDNH-ETSL today, everythong worked fine! JWD. greetings Norbert 

ReplyQuote
Heiko Fricke
Eminent Member Beta tester

Great. This makes the expensive plates obsolete.

I understand the graphical information is displayed relative to one reference point (typically aerodrom ref point). Will you include more reference points - for example RWY threshold coordinates?

Will this route information and maybe additional reference points be uploaded with the 'av_data...' to Dynon?

With my Dynon equipment I fly autopilot approaches for example with a 3° descent down to circuit height at a point 3-4 nm from the aerodrome reference point. From there I enter the traffic pattern for visual approach. This Dynon function only works if the last point of the FPL is coded as reference point of an aerodrome. More points would improve my hand made instrument approaches even more.

Heiko

ReplyQuote
Estimable Member

Hi Tim, sorry but when activating 911 after my flight on 19.06. where everything went fine EV4 didn't show me the rwy feathers any more although activated in aero datas !?

bug or mishandling?

• Regards Norbert

ReplyQuote
Estimable Member

Hi Tim, possibly another bug: can't sent briefing docs to an email adress any more. Doesn't even allow me to store the doc in the cloud!!?

regards Norbert

ReplyQuote

Hi

that is a big feature! i like it

wrong route in LOIH

the arrival route from S has to be in begin base of RW 05

do not overfly the Baumarkt (Yellow corner) eg. Green route

LOIH - VFR

after i played in Windows 10 with the new i got out of memmory in s3eMallocOS allocating 6697408 bytes

Daniel

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Daniel Schmid

ReplyQuote
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member Moderator

Lots of GREAT feedback here, guys - thank you all very much! Some of it will have to wait for Rob to think about when he gets back from his current vacation, but meanwhile there are a few things I can comment on.

First, thanks for your observation about LOIH, Daniel. I have flagged it for the attention of the aerodata team. We REALLY value this sort of detailed feedback from pilots who are familiar with the airfields, and all the more so right now when we are rolling out a HUGE amount of new data for very many airfields.

Norbert - emailing docs - What operating system / version are you using when you encounter this problem - and what app are you using to handle PDFs? In the name of increasing security and privacy, increasingly both IOS and Android are enforcing tighter control of files to specifically prevent a file generated by one App from being accessed in any way by any other Apps - there are ways we can circumvent these restrictions, but only if we know which Apps we need to circumvent it for, we cannot provide a "blanket clearance" for all files of a particular type to be accessible to any other App.

Norbert- as regards the feathers, there does appear to be a bug (or "feature"!) here. Since V.893 there is a facility to tap on the runway numbers in the airfield QuickInfo pane, the feathers for just that one runway will be drawn, irrespective of whether that airfield is included in the route. When a single runway's Feather is set up in this way, NO OTHER FEATHERS are drawn. This works well if you use to to draw just one specific feather at your destination airfield (i.e. you want that to be teh ONLY feather at your destination), but on the other hand, if you want to show the feather for some airfield near, but not ON your route (e.g. to highlight the instrument approach path for an airfield near your route), setting up a feather there will suppress all the feathers at all other airfields on your route - which I suspect may be the issue you have observed? perhaps it might be better if specifically turning ON one feather at any airfield turned off any others that might otherwise have been on at THAT AIRFIELD, but had no effect on any other feathers anywhere else?

ReplyQuote
Trusted Member Beta tester

Great stuff indeed, well done !!!

Is there an option to display taxiway designators in as well?

Blu skies

Ubi Sumus

ReplyQuote
Estimable Member

@deeahbtinternet-com Hi Stew,

Tks a lot for your reply! the item regarding the feathers now worked out fine, because it was my op fault, I wasn't realizing! As well as patterns all of a sudden appeared again! Why I really don't know! I'm using Samsung S10 w. Android 11.  So tks again!

best regards Norbert

ReplyQuote
Estimable Member

Hi Stew, just one more small remark! How come some airfields with and some without pattern?

Screenshot 20210624 202526 EasyVFR 4

ReplyQuote
Stewart Buckingham

I've not been directly involved in the MASSIVE activity of getting and setting up the data, but I suspect it is one of 3 reasons:

(1) we have not found a reliable, up-to-date source covering that airfield; or

(2) Iris on our list but the list is not yet finished; or

(3) By accident we missed it!

I'll have to leave to to Marcel or Tim to give the official answer!

PS - one other point on the feathers - they do vanish at some point when you zoom out.

ReplyQuote
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

@louis

Hi Norbert, thanks for asking!

We steadily investigate, collect, maintain and finally add all the new airport data layers you need.

With last week's beta release, we added all the textures needed for all inflight airport layers. So once we have the data ready to be used, we can directly make it available for EasyVFR 4 via our servers. Downloaded via the regular AeroDate downloads:
EasyVFR 4 menu -> Download menu -> Aerodata validity info -> Update All Data.

Simultaneously, last week we made, for the first 10 countries, the arrival and departure routes for all airfields that have a VRP, available for the EasyVFR 4 AeroData download. Also, traffic circuits for those airfields were added. All other European countries will get the same routes in the coming time.

Adding traffic circuits, and when available arrival and departure routes, for all other airfields that don't have a VRP is a work in progress. And will be worked at in parallel to the above described. The existing traffic patterns we had in EasyVFR 3 and 4 for Germany will be revisited as well. Resulting in the more accurate drawn circuits, consider noise abanding areas, etc.

Every time there is a new airport layer, source or country added we will share it here at the forum. Many more coll thing to come ? 

Cheers,
Tim

ReplyQuote
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ubi

Hi Ubi, the ground-level airport items like taxiway and holding point designators are not yet covered in our datasets. But these are defiantly on our minds! 

We first focus on what you need in-flight to make a safe entrance and departure. Covering all EasyVFR 4 countries. Making sure the data maintenance and validation are fully in place and are at our CAT 1 HQ quality level

Cheers,
Tim

Ubi Sumus reacted
ReplyQuote
Estimable Member

@timpeter Hi Tim, tks for the prompt reply. Great to hear you are in a steady progress of improvement!

regards Norbert ? 

ReplyQuote
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: @hufisehotmail-com

Hi

that is a big feature! i like it

wrong route in LOIH

the arrival route from S has to be in begin base of RW 05

do not overfly the Baumarkt (Yellow corner) eg. Green route

LOIH - VFR

after i played in Windows 10 with the new i got out of memmory in s3eMallocOS allocating 6697408 bytes

Daniel

Hi Daniel, 

The arrival route from S for LOIH is adjusted; would you be so kind to do menu->downloads menu->AeroData Validity and use the [Update All Data] button to see if this version is better now ? thx!

ReplyQuote

9E8977AC D031 43C9 855D CC8BFC3BC71C

@rob-weijers 

Hi i would say a lot better great idea withe the warning Baumarkt it is Hornbach at picture 

i send you the official map ther is an Text in the right corner about the flying to the north it is different for 05 and 23 do you really fly the way you drawing if you departing 05 I think you will fly crosswind out to E 

Daniel

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Daniel Schmid

ReplyQuote

Hi 

i would in this case remove the red arrows in the Sektor LSGE also in LSGN, maybe show the circuit directions as others do 

Daniel

09ACE31B F9D7 4ED2 8820 3500BB493996

This post was modified 3 years ago by Daniel Schmid

ReplyQuote
Noble Member Admin

@hufisehotmail-com Hi Daniel, would you be so kind to update AeroData once more and verify if the new version is better again? thx!

ReplyQuote

@rob-weijers hi Rob

it is very overloaded eg. ECHO ARR RW23 min 3000ft msl / WISKEY ARR RW05 min 3000ft msl 

D6D20B0B AA99 4872 B3B8 BD1EA18BACCC

The most important is the South arrival that looks good 

Daniel

This post was modified 3 years ago by Daniel Schmid

ReplyQuote

I really appreciate this feature. No more need to activate the approach-chart to fly a near perfect circuit. But  the arrival route at EBGB shows a wrong arrow - even dangerous because pointing the opposite direction when coming overhead to join downwind. The arrow starting at the downwind-leg and pointing to the runway should not be there. One arrives overhead from the West to join LH downwind 19 or RH downwind 01as is shown on the approach-map (pdf) in EV4

EbgbWrongArrow

ReplyQuote
Stewart Buckingham

Thanks for your feedback, Josef - very useful, we will address this at the next opportunity.

Stu B

Team EasyVFR

ReplyQuote
Noble Member Admin

...and its fixed :-). When you do menu->Downloads Menu->AeroData Validity Info and there do [Update all data] you will  see the fix applied.  Thx for the report!

ReplyQuote

Just checked: ok! Txs for quick respons and fix.

Jef

ReplyQuote

I flew to EHHV yesterday. They have three runways with multiple approach circuits on a very small area. The approach drawings and text are not helping in this case.

ehhv approach
EHHV with plates

Enabling an airport plate doesn't help here as the route drawings and text block relevant info.

Would it be possible to disable this feature for a field that has an airport plate active?

ReplyQuote
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.