5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

Stu has recently published some limitations about the naming of user waypoints.  Unfortunately his list can not be commented.

when a waypoint is created through the menu, the default title is: 
<ShortName>
In order to name the point differently, I have to delete every character before I can use my own.  The same is true for all the other inputs.  
Could you introduce an “auto delete” with the first character?

The same for coordinates.  They require first to delete all 0s, then replace them with numbers AND spaces.  The spaces make reading easier, but they should be inserted automatically.  The iPad keyboard will exit the number display on every space key.

4 Replies
Admin
Noble Member
Posted by: @leif

n order to name the point differently, I have to delete every character before I can use my own.  The same is true for all the other inputs.  
Could you introduce an “auto delete” with the first character?

When you double tap on the input then it will be auto-selected and the next character typed will then clear the entire string. I did make a change for next version so that when you edit these fields while default text is still set then the input field will be cleared automatically when you edit it. 

Regarding latitude & longitude edit, we could change deg min sec (so with spaces) into DegMinSec (so without spaces) and assume North for latitude and East for longitude in case they are omitted from the input. 

leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

Double Tab sounds a good idea.  However I tried it, and it will not include the   “<>” .  But a Tripple Tab does 😉

I would prefer the DMS format without spaces (even though spaces look better),  because the manual space input is cumbersome on iPads and with copy/paste numbers.

leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

Thanks for fixing the above issue.  When a USER WP is defined outside of a loaded country, the symbol will be displayed on the map, but without the NAME.  

Admin
Noble Member

Found it, it turned out the last AeroData object was never labelled on the map. Since adding a single user waypoint in an area for which no other aerodata was loaded often leads to the one and only (so exactly 1) Object to label, it suffered from this bug. Fixed in upcoming version.

My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.