671 Much faster!

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Beta tester
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Hey guys,

Thank you for the Christmas Special Edition, definitely a treat! On my desktop this version is much, much snappier than previous version, and the renders are nice and crisp. Very well done!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Rob

5 Replies
Estimable Member

Hi Rob, agree with you, a very good version, almost ready to start ops! Also pleasant holidays and a awesome flying season 2020

many happy landings Norbert

Beta tester
Trusted Member

Thank you. I still miss fluidity of EV3 on Android. EV3 is perfectly smooth while EV4 is quite jaggy. And I (excuse me if this seems picky to someone) still think that blank rectangles on edges when dragging the map belong to 80s.

1 Reply
Admin

Noble Member

@jbrepogmail-com

Many mapping applications use a "chessboard style" background for areas getting visible while panning or zooming. In essence this is the same as just leaving it blank (like we do).

You can turn on realtime rendering using General->Developer Tweaks->Render Realtime, then those "rectangles" are not shown. *But* this makes EV4 significantly slower, so only works fine on modern highend devices like the newest ipads/iphones, and maybe some high-end Androids like Samsung Tab S6. It will also consume (significant) more battery power. IMHO the benefits of realtime rendering do not make good for the drawbacks.

Estimable Member

This is also true Jan, EV3 doesn't  give you blank rectangles! Still something to approve!!

Estimable Member

sorry "improve"

My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.