Notifications
Clear all

map center after restart

leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

while planning a trip the map will eventually be centered far away from the present position.  When this planning is interrupted and EV needs to be restarted, my map returns to the present position.  I wish it would display the last point where it was shut down. 

3 Replies
Heli.lamb
Beta tester
Reputable Member

Yeah I noticed this with one of students when he was running EV in planning mode on his iPad in the office. I think it must have lost GNSS data so defaulted to somewhere mid-europe as he was planning a flight in the UK.

It was the subsequent swearing that made me look up and pay more attention!

Stewart Buckingham
Beta tester
Prominent Member

If EasyVFR is getting a valid GPS position, on start it centres on that position, Otherwise (and on devices like a PC) when it has no GPS position, it starts where it was previously halted. So if on start you want to to be where you left it, you could turn off the location services for EasyVFR before you re-launch it. (But don't forget to turn it back on again before you fly !!!) 

A re-start at some apparently random mid-Europe position normally only occurs on a device with no valid GPS location after some kind of "severe" crash which has in effect deleted the last known screen position. It certainly should not happen after a normally-executed, controlled, shut-down. If you find a repeatable scenario that causes it to head off to some mid-Europe location on a normal re-start, we would be pleased to investigate further.

VBR

Stu

leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

it seems even a non GPS position (inside my house) will center the map.  There is a workaround, if you hold your finger on the screen as soon as the map starts building.  But you have to be quick and hold it long enough.

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.