Beta 4.0.859 beta (12JAN2021)
Minimum system requirements
Mobile and Tablet:
- Apple iOS & iPadOS:
Minimum requirements: 64-bit and 2GB RAM. Effectively:
- iPad Air 2 and higher.
- iPad Mini 4 and higher.
- iPhone 6S and higher.
The iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro perform extremely well.
Minimum requirements: 64-bit, +2GB RAM. Android 7.0 and higher is advised.
We have good results with:
- Huawei MediaPad M5.
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, S4 and S6.
- Most modern smartphones.
- Android 11: We advise to wait with updating to Android 11 since there are widespread performance issues.
Widows and Apple Desktop:
Version 10.13 (Sierra) or higher, 64-bit. E.g. High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina.
Note: MacOS Big Sur is not (yet?) supported.
Minimum requirements: 64-bit, 2GB RAM, Windows 7 and higher is advised.
Currently not running at systems that use an Intel *HD graphics 6** integrated GPU (working on).From version 4.0.712 and higher EV4 will detect a crash caused by this Intel HD graphics driver and installs an internal patch that requires EV4 to restart, but after that the problem does not seem to appear anymore. We don't have much experience with this patch on other windows systems, so currently we use it only for Intel HDxxx effected windows devices.
How do different devices compare?
We are benchmarking several tablets we can get our hands-on. The results are published in this forum topic: EasyVFR 4 performance benchmark v1
Why can't EasyVFR 4 run on my 32-bit device?
Improving performance remains top of the list.
We ask your help for the optimization hunt. If you encounter any bugs or issues, it would be helpful if you would post them here at the forum or send an email to [email protected]. Best is to include a screen recording or screenshot, your device's model name, the version number of the device's operating system, and some explanation on how the issue occurs so that we can try to reproduce it. Every report you send does help to find pieces of the puzzle. Although tempting, do not use the developer tweak options unless our Support Team advised you to do this.
To install you must enable the option: "Allow the installation of apps from sources other than Play store" in Android Settings, Lock screen and Security. Some Android devices require to tap&hold the link below, then choose [Download link] to store the APK on your device from where you then can install this downloaded APK.
- Windows Desktop
- Apple iOS / iPadOS:
1. Install the Apple TestFlight app via the Apple AppStore.2. Go to the following URL to download the latest version of EasyVFR4 via TestFlight:
- Apple macOS (Runs up to Catalina, Big Sur is NOT supported!).
After downloading the DMG, open it and drag the EasyVFR 4 icon into the Applications folder. EasyVFR 4 is now available via Launchpad. When you get the message "EasyVFR4.app can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store" choose [Open in Finder] from that popup, then right-click on easyvfr4.app and choose open. Now the same popup will appear now with an [open] button. From there on you can launch EV4 from the launchpad without this warning.
- NEW: When an airspace is activated by NOTAM then the QuickInfo window will list a [View NOTAM] link on the airspace info window for that airspace
- NEW: It is now possible to use Place/Bearing/Distance notation in the AeroDataSearch window (for example menu->search)
- NEW: When rubberbanding a route EV4 will now show all known "snappable" objects in the area of the mouse pointer regardless if these are normally hidden or not. When rubberbanding ends the normal decluttering is restored.
- NEW: When rubberbanding a route the SnapToWaypoint now occurs during the rubberbanding itself and not when released, so placement of the inserted point is much more logical now.
- NEW: The WorkInProgress route now uses yellowish route bullet icons on the moving map instead of the default pink ones.
- NEW: When tapping a NOTAM text on the Route Planning menu or the QuickInfo-NOTAM page to get it highlighted on the movingmap then the NOTAM text will also be shown as annotation text as long as the NOTAM is highlighted on the movingmap.
- NEW: When an AeroData object listed in QuickInfo->AeroData objects window is part of either the active or scratch route then a corresponding route bullet will be shown.
- NEW: When an airspace warning popup is tapped by the user to highlight the airspace on the map, then the same airspace will be highlighted on the VPV also.
- NEW: When a user selects an airspace for highlighting on the map then that same airspace will be highlighted on the VPV also.
- IMPROVED: NOTAM briefing on the Route Planning menu and QuickInfo-NOTAM page now show a [Tap to View} icon in the left side margin to indicate a tap will pan&zoom to that NOTAM on the map
- IMPROVED: Inline text input field now has a small X most right to enable clearing of the typed text with one single tap
- FIXED: Weather depiction on moving map and VPV for points within 0.01 degrees of every 10th degree latitude or longitude ("EDDH" Bug)