Alles löschen

Question Weather info is not downloading

7 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
1,372 Ansichten
Themenstarter
Beigetreten: Vor 4 Jahren

Hello, I used EasyVFR for a few years and it worked quite good, but with the last release of 3.97 I can't get the weather info anymore. I tried on two different Samsung tablet Galaxy Note and a third one Note 6 light with Android 10 installed. also I get all the times "98-undifined error detected, please try again later"

This is very annoying, is anyone out there who can help?

Thanks 

6 Antworten
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 5 Jahren

Michael, EXACTLY which sub-version of 3.98 are you running? There was an update almost 2 years ago that was needed because our weather provider changed teh format of the files. You should be running 3.97.43 now. (The exact version number is shown at the top left of the screen you see after launching that has the "Agree" button).

We did send out an email at the time to all users who purchased directly from us (Apple and Google do not tell us the email addresses of customers who purchase from the Apple App Store or Google Play), but we are aware that some of those emails were trapped as spam.

Antwort
2 Antworten

Hi Stewart, thanks for the quick replay, yes I have the right version it comes up as 3.97.43(64) and as you said this is the one I installed about 2 years ago and since I had problems first with the GPS location, which got solved with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Not 6 light, which was recommended on the forum. But the weather download was never working form with this version. What else can I do?

Thanks

Antwort

Hi Stewart,

do you know where I could get some of the older versions of the app to try on Android?

Antwort
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

I think any earlier version would certainly not work as it would be incompatible with the format of the weather files. What version of Android is now installed on it? Android 11 certainly has needed some tweaks to get EasyVFR4 working properly so perhaps it also causes problems with EasyVFR3 - though we have not actually had any reports of that as far as I am aware, and anyway I think Android 11 is a fairly recent release so would not have caused your initial problem.

With any download problem it is always worth trying a very patient download and just letting the device get on with the download without trying to tap the screen to do other things or to see what is going on  

How much free storage do you have left on the device? Downloading and unpacking the weather takes quite a lot of space and we have seen cases where users encounter problems if the file storage is too full - say less than 20% free  Also it is important that EasyVFR is not installed in a way that tries to use a removable SD card for any of its files  Most versions of Android only really support photos, music and film files being stored on removable storage and although in some cases it appears to be possible to overcome this built-in limitation in practice it never works reliably and always introduces mysteries failures with downloads etc  

Also I presume you have tried FULLY shutting down the device the restarting it from cold and reinstalling EasyVFR? (NB at this stage I suggest you do not “ remove” EasyVFR before reinstalling as that would loose all your settings, saved routes, user waypoints, aircraft profiles etc.) If that does not work I strongly recommend just trying to use EasyVFR normally but connected to a different Wi-fi source - perhaps at work or at a friends house. We have had at least 3 recent cases of some EasyVFR 4 downloads being somehow disrupted by a users home Wi-fi source but that work happily on any other Wi-fi networks. Also do you have any other apps that in any way are intended to control or optimise or protect your Wi-fi connection- if so it would certainly be worth trying with those turned off or better entirely removed from the device. If none of the above fix it then I think the next step would be to fully remove EasyVFR, fully shut down the device then start it from cold and reinstall EasyVFR from Google play. 
Please work through all these ideas and tell us how you get on. 
VBR

Stu

Antwort
1 Antwort

Hi Stu,

Currently I have EasyVFR 3.97.43 installed on a Samsung Galaxy Nod 6 light brand new, the only app is EasyVFR. I can't reinstall the app on top therefore I removed the app, rebooted and reinstalled EasyVFR again. all worked fine except the weather, I can download the Notam data and ERSA, but not the weather. 

I tried on the neighbours WIFI and over the mob, all negative. I have 64G HD, only 22G used, therefore space should be not a problem. Also I have tried the app on two other tablets with the same result as well as on a Mobil phone. Always I get the same 95-undifined error. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else in Australia using it succesfully, as I can't see that there is anything wrong with the devices as I had them working fine up to the last EasyVFR upgrade.

I also installed EasyVFR on my desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro, no issue to download the weather with the same connection settings for NAIPS.

It looks to me there is a software fault with the Android version to download the weather data?

I hope you or somebody could help to get this fixed, thanks in advanced for your efforts. 

Antwort
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

*Many* thanks for that, Michael. There is a single word buried in your post above that unlocks the whole mystery - that word is Australia! I guess that over 90% of our user base - perhaps even 95% - are based in Europe, and it never occurred to me that you might not be talking about the European weather downloads - which are MUCH larger and more complex than just the TAFs and METARs I think you (used to) get in Oz (I did once fly using EasyVFR in Oz while on holiday about 6 years ago). The Australian public weather sources have never made it easy for us to include Australian weather in EasyVFR, so that it needs to be handled by a totally different process, not in any way related to our handling of European weather, and from time to time they made changes to their format without warning and without publishing any specification of the format. I do remember now that there was indeed another Australian change about 2 years ago that we never managed to resolve. At that time also, Ron Greenfell, our long-serving "man in Australia" retired, and without his experience and local knowledge we had no route to fixing the issue. 

As you will have seen elsewhere here, our focus here for the last 3 years has been the development of the next generation of EasyVFR software - EasyVFR Version 4 - and to concentrate our resources on that we ceased all further development of Version 3. We achieved the full public release to Version 4 across Europe a few months ago, and it is being very well received, with more detailed mapping, an entirely new user interface, and many other exciting new features. We intend to progressively expand the coverage for Version 4 beyond Europe in the coming year. The roll-out involves establishing new sources to support the improved mapping and other improvements that Version 4 offers, so extending it to new countries and regions is not just an administrative activity, it involves researching new data sources and developing ways of handling the data they can provide - which certainly varies region to region, and often country by country, but our objective is to achieve standards comparable to our European product for all regions. 

So in the longer term we hope to provide significantly better weather information for Australia in Version 4, but I'm afraid in the shorter term, it is very unlikely that the Version 3 problem you have reported will be fixed. I'm very sorry about that - and also very sorry that I did not correctly diagnose the source of the issue from your original post and that instead sent you round a number of checks and tasks that could never have solved the actual problem.

Best Regards

Stu

Antwort
Mein Warenkorb
Dein Warenkorb ist leer.

Sieht so aus, als hättest du noch keine Wahl getroffen.