Alles löschen

Question AIP information

4 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
1,225 Ansichten
Themenstarter
Beigetreten: Vor 3 Jahren

In EV3 we had significant AIP information like general country information, ground charts, non-georeferenced (IFR) charts, ... in the EFB. 

Can somebody please point me to the location, where this can be found in Version 4?

Thanks

CR

Schlagwörter für Thema
3 Antworten
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 5 Jahren

As you will have seen, Christian, the way the EFB works is entirely different in Version 4, and we have not yet created a way to access the items that are not specific to one aerodrome. In Version 3, we just dumped every such document into "General" folder for that country, with no attempt to filter what appeared there, which varied very widely from country to country, depending on how they published their information through Eurocontrol. We felt that the result was often of little real use because there was so much "uninteresting" information that - especially in-flight with a small-screen device - it was just not practical to hunt down what you really needed. So for Version 4 we want to develop a scheme which avoids such pitfalls. Do do that it would be very helpful if we could hear from users which specific parts of the AIP they need to access, and whether that access is only while planning, or if teh interface also needs to be easy to sue on a small screen in flight. Could you kick off this discussion with the parts you find important, and whether that is for planning or in flight? (Note, this is ONLY in respect of the AIP contents that are NOT specific to one particular aerodrome.)

Antwort
Themenstarter
Beigetreten: Vor 3 Jahren

Hi Stewart, i can give you my expectations in respect to the non aerodrome specific AIP contents. For me it's probably quite easy, but I have mainly Austria in mind. Whatever is text, I only need for preflight preparation, whatever is charts, I use for preparation and in flight. 

Since I'm also instrument rated, I love to use EV as document repository for charts (also in flight). Therefor I would also love to see the aerodrome related parts sorted in groups like "Text", "General", "Departure", "Approach", "Arrival" and in there sorted per runway. I prefer one more klick to a number of scrolls. 

Antwort
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 5 Jahren

Thanks for that info, Christian, we'll certainly take that into account. Hopefully some other users will notice this thread and tip in their ideas, too. Personally I think that some structure in the file storage, and the ability of users to add their own files from other sources would be very useful if practical ways of achieving it can be found. One issue we do have to contend with is that the source information we get from Eurocontrol has no structure, and even the names of the files is not subject to any form of standardised naming convention. It would be a massive labour-intensive task to manually categorize the tens of thousands of files that Eurocontrol send us and keep updating,  and so far the prospect of being able to parse the filenames (or file-content!) adequately to provide a sufficiently robust automatic categorization is just too daunting.

Antwort
Mein Warenkorb
Dein Warenkorb ist leer.

Sieht so aus, als hättest du noch keine Wahl getroffen.