[Gelöst] Flarm License and SkyEcho 2
I'm really curious of the traffic avoidance possibilities, so I ordered a SkyEcho2 and will get it today.
I also ordered the Flarm license from PocketFMS.
Any hints on how I get/use the Flarm license? I got a receipt on the purchase, but that's all. Will it be automatically activated with my Frequent Flyer membership?
Great that you are going to explore the traffic avoidance options with EasyVFR 4. The EasyVFR 4 Flarm license you bought in our shop is indeed automatically attached to your FFM license.
Setting it up is fairly easy:
- Power on the SkyEcho2 - it will activate its wifi.
- Start EasyVFR 4 and update the AeroData to pick up your Flarm license bought at our shop: EV4 Menu -> Downloads Menu -> AeroData Validity Info -> Update All Data.
- Connect your EasyVFR 4 device to the SkyEcho wifi network - EV4 will automatically detect and use the GPS and data from the SE2.
- To be sure that your SkyEcho2 is set up properly you can go with a browser (if connected to the SkyEcho wifi network) to its IP 192.168.4.1 - the receiver mode should be set to FLARM.
- To check and change which GPS source is used: EV4 Menu -> System -> Location (GPS) sources.
- To check and change the electronic conspicuity settings: EV4 Menu -> System -> Electronic Conspicuity Settings.
- Under uAvionix SkyEcho 2 - Decode FLARM position data should be set green.
- Traffic Vertical Proximity is set by default to 3000ft. You can increase this to see more, for example, to see even the higher airliners.
- The non-bearing banners are the data SE2 receives without an exact position. They will be shown as a banner on the left of the screen with the available info. You can edit the maximum number to be shown under 'Max. Non-bearing banners'.
- If you have a transmitter in your plane or other planes you would like to hide you can filter them under 'Callsigns to ignore'.
Tomorrow I am at the office and will make a little screen video for you.
Excellent instructions! I got the Flarm license like you said.
Still waiting for the mail to arrive with the unit, so I can go flying.
I have programmed FLARM functionality on Android entirely in software and can send you the script. However, it only works on EasyVFR 3. EVFR4 is not able to pick data on port 127.0.0.1:2000, I do not know why.
On the other hand, FLARM probably does not show exact position of other aircraft, while my script does. It takes position from other sources.