0 Likes
1,196 Ansichten
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Themenstarter
Prominent Member
Beigetreten: Vor 5 Jahren

I assume the download menu was created to manage all downloads.

When I am online, and  I only open the download menu, airport plates for Germany start automatically to be downloaded.   This is not necessary, as I do not have a subscription, and I can not open them.

When I want to delete these charts, I have to go to “system “.  Instead it would be logical  to use the same menu in which  they where loaded.

When I want to download a new country, this can not be done in the download menu (where I would expect it), but rather in “ moving map”.

So, I find it a bit unpredictable where certain downloads can be initiated, stopped or deleted.

4 Antworten
Admin
Noble Member

Internally we are discussing this also. First of all, The airport plates should not get downloaded automatically, this only happens when the user initiates it. The only thing what does happen after adding a country or updating AeroData is the download of the plates catalogue. This catalogue will then be used to verify if existing documents need to get updated. EV will also never download plates you don't have acces to. For example the DFS plates will only get downloaded when a user has subscribed to it. 

The final goal of the "download menu" in the end is to get an "all green"  approach. When the pilot goes flying he only has to check if all items in the download menu are green, so he is up to date. A deleting of plates or selecting countries does not fit into this approach, and is the reason why its put in a different menu. Also our reasoning was that 90% of users will select countries only once so it doesn't have to be in a menu where items are listed that are used a lot. 

Antwort
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Themenstarter
Prominent Member

I only have the country Germany and no DFS subscription.

If I do not stop the process , it will download 2500 files, totaling about 1GB.  EV displays that it is preparing for the download, and then EV starts it.  The result are files with a big lock displayed.

Antwort
Admin
Noble Member

Files with a lock are not downloaded, they are only listed in the catalogue (that is what you see).  

When you use the plates download option in the downloads menu then the actual doenloading of the files takes place indeed unless the user pauses it (that is why we implemented that pause function). When downloading aerodata then the plates catalogue will also be downloaded, but the actual file downloads are paused immediately. If a user is not intested in storing all plates for selected countries locally on the device, he can simply ignore that download option in the downloads menu.

Antwort
Beta tester
Estimable Member

Rob, when the download system lists "Preparing to download 'x' files with 'y' MB", does the 'y' MB include the locked files themselves or only metadata for those locked files?

Antwort
Mein Warenkorb
Dein Warenkorb ist leer.

Sieht so aus, als hättest du noch keine Wahl getroffen.