Notifications
Clear all

Question Autowind not working?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

Somehow I cannot get autowind to work for my flight planning in EasyVFR4, even though the button is on. On my navlog it keeps saying wind: na (not available). I tried it on several devices, to no avail. I reinstalled EasyVFr 3 and there it works flawlessly. Perhaps I have a setting wrong? It shows METARs and TAFs on the appropriate pages, so the download should not be a problem. When I want to create a Trip Kit however, the TAF button keeps showing red too while METARs and NOTAMs buttons are green. Any help appreciated, thank you.

Lennard

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Admin
Noble Member

Hi Lennard,

we’ve identified this problem as a result of the recent move from 2021 to 2022 (I will not bother you with the exact details ;-)). We’re working hard to wrap up current developments for an expedited new release of EV4. Sorry for the troubles caused.

Topic starter

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, all clear and understood. Hope that autowind will be back 'online' soon!

Lennard 

Beta tester

Still not working, August 2022

Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Sorry you are still having difficulty with this Bernd. We believe that bug was successfully fixed in EV4 many months ago and since then we have only had two reports of the problem continuing. One of those turned out to be someone still running an outdated release of EV4 and the other was someone who somehow had the auto-wind turned off. Can you please check you are running the latest version, and that (on the route tools screen) the auto-wind is switched ON. Also of course the latest Advanced WX data needs to have been downloaded- you should always check that via the Status Dot > Data >.Advanced WX. Please check those points and let us know how you get on. If all those points are OK and it still doesn’t work for you can you also please tell us whether this is on Windows,Mac, Android or IOS, which exact release of EV4 you are running, what type of EV licence you have (FFM, Standard, Pro, Live or Essential) and which countries you have installed so we can replicate your exact circumstances to see if we can recreate what you are seeing. 
Best Regards 

Stu B

Beta tester

thanks for your response. It is a bit obscure.

Win + pocketFMS does not work
Win + EV4 works, after starting a few times
Android + EV4 does not work

The points in your mail are all taken into account.

The wind is an ongoing issue for the whole season. Also it is not clear how many days in advance the wind should be delivered. Sometimes it is only incorporated for the next day. The weather integration was much better in the past! Sorry.

My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.