Question Enter latitude and longitude

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Heli.Lamb
Beta tester
Topic starter
Estimable Member

How do we type in or copy and paste a lat and long position to use as a depart/destination/waypoint? I've tried this a few times when planning a flight and failed to find it but have just dedicated 20 mins to making it work and still can't find a way.

Using the search feature, it won't recognise 53.792356,-2.526532 (the format from Google maps) unless you then search in Google, show the point on the map, then tap on it as a user WP - which is very long winded and even this method doesn't select the exact lat and long position but rather the place that you tap the screen near the google pin.

I also tried adding it in the "free text" menu and it gives me an error for the lat and long.

It also doesn't like it when I copy and paste the lat and long with symbols - see pic below (lots of helipads advertise their position in this format in their joining instructions e.g. Silverstone)

Screenshot 20210814 071401 EasyVFR 4

The workflow to take-off from a house, then land at a hotel seems very challenging on EV4 unless I'm missing something?

3 Replies
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Prominent Member

I have the same trouble.

my workaround is to create a user waypoint first.  Then save them and use them.

The coordinates and their format may be entered under „my user waypoints“.   Tap on the „Deg Min Sec“ to change the format.

Heli.Lamb
Beta tester
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Ah yes I see, that's a bit of a faff though just to go from A-B as a one off trip. I was just wanting to use lat and longs as temporary route items. Maybe a future development!

Heli.Lamb
Beta tester
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Has any anything changed with this? I still haven't found an easy way.

My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.