Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Aero Data text wrapped and overlaps

ee7be2fafba67778ddfbc53a2d59d7a8?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Beta tester
Topic starter
Trusted Member

EV4 522: Aero data text in a route plan is wrapped and overlaps with other text. This happen on iPhone 7 in portrait orientation, OK in landscape, or when screen width is too narrow on Windows

RoutePlan
8 Replies
5c1242ce1c84de60ae1ea618ae44df33?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Admin
Famed Member

Fixed in upcoming release 🙂

Heiko Fricke
Beta tester
Eminent Member

Hi,

maybe the same topic:

some times I don't get to see all circiut heights (check attached pictures).

Consistent information based on priority in dense areas would be a benefit.

Screenshot 20190407 170237
Screenshot 20190407 170439

Why is one of the circuits depicted in light blue?

Admin
Famed Member

Hi Heiko,

not all circuit heights are collected yet, or classified as ultralight or not. That is why sometimes these heights are not displayed. We are working on updating the associated data. 

Light blue circuits are ultralight circuits. 

1 Reply
Heiko Fricke
Beta tester

Eminent Member

Rob,

please check the 2 pictures sent before. One picture shows only circuit height of EDFX while the second picture shows circuit height of all airfields in the area. This has to do with zooming in and out but not the data content and should be reviewed.

I like the light blue for ultra lights. Be aware: EDFX has the same circuit for microlight and aircraft (s. attachment). Magenta and blue would be ok.

Rgds (and thank you for the good work you are doing)

Heiko

Screenshot 20190407 230112
Admin
Famed Member

@fricke-heikogmail-com totally topic unrelated, Marcel told me he spoke to you at Friedrichshafen Aero; too bad I missed that, would have been nice to meet!

Heiko Fricke
Beta tester
Eminent Member

Rob,

I appreciate you being so busy! In the end I get the best NAV System ?

Since I have become a member i have always renewed at Aero- you may have seen me before.

Is there a chance I can download your EV4 map to my Dynons? It is far better.

Rgds

Heiko

Admin
Famed Member

Using EV4 own maps on Dynon SkyView is definitely in the pipeline. There will be some limitations however. SkyView doesn’t show AeroData on the map when a raster chart source is selected so we have to decide what AeroData to put on those charts and which not. But I guess thats doable.

1 Reply
Heiko Fricke
Beta tester

Eminent Member

Rob,

for VFR I like the detailed geography consistently shown in all countries (I used to fly with paper VFR Charts by Jeppesen) -> EV4 Charts are the electronic replacements.

AeroData by easyVFR is shown today in it's full extend on Dynons (at least up to FL100/130) - which works fine for me.

I prefer seeing an airspace even when I am not in danger of infringement. With the NAV system deciding what I see I am not cautious enough of other traffic potentially close to me. (I admit, France remains complicated even on week Ends)

With Dynon the boundaries have no on-screen tag. You have to dial with the on-screen button through all different zones around Frankfurt to understand where you are. That is too much distraction from flying.

Additionally, when at a "safe" altitude, horizontal boundaries are shown but the vertical boundaries are supressed when dialing through. In a fast climb I am always a bit afraid of hitting a boundary tha I am not aware of.

-> For me airspace labels with airspace category and vertical limitations works best - as on a traditional map.

Have you checked the calculation Speed of Dynon? (mine are HDX 1100). My tablet has become slow with EV4 maps.

The Detail of the new maps might be too much for the computation Speed.

Rgds

Heiko

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.