Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Does testing stop now EV4 is released?

8009079618d8c6b9f96411fc668aa6f8?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Topic starter
Trusted Member

Hi Guys,

No idea where to put this, so I'll do it here. 
I got an E-mail stating EV4 goes live to the public. Does this also means EV4 beta testing is over now? As I enjoyed doing tests and finding bugs to help improve EV4.
As my beta test account is almost expired I wonder if I then now need purchase a license?

Regards,
Cristian

3 Replies
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Prominent Member

I did not receive such mail, and (for iOS) EV4 can not be purchased yet.

imho the program is not yet ready for release, many bugs and deficiencies are still open.  But I am also interested in how the license should be renewed.

leif
 leif
Beta tester
Prominent Member

Now I found it.  The public beta trial has started.  30 days for free.  As I said, the app makes a very good first impression, but then has disappointing details like the info fields or naming and organizing of user waypoints and more.

However, this is the currently published schedule:

...We plan to have a release of EasyVFR4 around April 2019, and beta testing is now well underway...

So far no reply from the EV headquarters about the future of our work here, nor the license question.

a0794159f1cc2f4ea8c5e73830745f84?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Admin Beta tester, Translator
Prominent Member

Hi @leif and @cschrik,

No worries, we also enjoy working with you guys in the beta development. Your input is extremely important and we like to keep the beta testing workflow as we did in the first development stage.

Via Facebook, we announced last Friday, that we planned to release EasyVFR 4 to the European app stores at the end this week. I have now copied it to the announcement page the at the forum.

We are currently working on an email to you as our most active beta testers with some extra insides on the roadmap and sharing our thoughts on how beta testing of EasyVFR 4 can look like in this new phase. Expected to send this friday.

Part of the release workflow is that every public version that will be released to the app stores will be first tested as beta. Hence as a beta tester, you will always see before everyone else the new features and improvements. We are working on a function within EasyVFR 4 -> myEasyVFR where a user can opt-in for the beta testers program.

About your licenses, I will email you both personally.

Cheers,
Tim

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.