Together we make EasyVFR
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How to import User Waypoints on IOS?

a4bb62e2cb2dce414e3a9235409dcbd7?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Beta tester
Topic starter

So, I've my Easyvfruserwaypoints.klm file I'm trying to import to latest EasyVFR ver 4 on IOS (iPad 4, OS 13.6.1).

I go to "my Userwaypoints", hit "Import KLM" button, and the app says "To import a KLM waypoint file simply use share button on your IOS device to share the file with EasyVFR". Fair enough, let do that.

So I go to Files app on my IOS, select the .klm file, hit Share, and then hit "copy to EasyVFR 4", the result is Easy VFR 4 pops up but no user way points are imported, even if I close and restart the app.

Umm, how exactly this should be done on IOS? I know it's not you, it's me ? but please help a dummy. BTW, on Windows it works fine when you drop the file in the Inbox folder ? 

Cheers,

-Seppo

9 Replies
285d36bbf89bfb89b6053b95de3ccdd1?s=80&d=retro&r=g

Hello,

it seems that no answer was made for this topic (or I didn't find anyone in another topic), but I have the same issue that Seppo...

What is the right way to import a KML database? Is there an issue on importation?

Thank you by advance.

Mathieu

5c1242ce1c84de60ae1ea618ae44df33?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Admin
Famed Member

Hi Mathieu, 

Sorry we didn't answer this question yet. The easiest way is to email the kml file to yourself (provived you have a mail app on your iOS device) or use a filesharing system like dropbox (I personally use dropbox). Use that mail app or dropbox to select the KML file, choose the iOS [share] option (that square symbol with upward pointing arrow, sometimes also labelled [Export] in som apps) then choose EasyVFR4 as destination. iOS will now automatically start EasyVFR4 which on its turn will then process the KML file. 

Beta tester
Topic starter

Hi Rob, as you can see from my original post regarding this issue, that's exactly what I did, yet the user way points will not be imported to EasyVFR. What next?

As indicated by Seppo, the importation didn't work... We try to copy the file in the iPad before sharing it with the EasyVFR Apps or sending the file directly with iTunes, both didn't work. For information, I try the method with the Windows edition of EasyVFR (by copying the file directly in the folder). It works, but...the App didn't use the right name of the user points! The App renames all!

4 Replies
Admin

Famed Member

@vanhoute Hi Mathieu, it sounds like something is wrong with the content of that kml file. Can you please upload it here as attachment, I will have a look then asap.

@rob-weijers Rob, I have sent you the file in a private message. Thank by advance for checking.

Beta tester

@rob-weijers Hi Rob, should you need another sample, I can send you mine, too. Just let me know.

Anyway, I think the problem is not in the file as it goes well in the Windows version. Just a copy in the Inbox folder and voila! Also it works fine in Google Earth.

Admin

Famed Member

@seppo-sirviosaunalahti-fi Hi Seppo, feel free to email it to info at pocketfms dot com, I will make a small video then on my iphone how I get it into easyvfr 4 

THank you Rob. I have found an issue... After seeing the way that you sent to me by video, I discover that it works only if you send your KML file by email to your iPad (or iPhone), and import it directly to EasyVFR App, it works! But if you copy the KML file on your Document Folder, and after that trying to share it to EasyVFR App, it didn't work!

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.