4 Benutzer
0 Likes
1,257 Ansichten
Beta tester
Themenstarter
Estimable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 5 Jahren

Hi Tim et al 

I have used different devices at different times when flying and as a result I have differing flight details on these devices. I have uploaded to the cloud from one of the devices but I haven't uploaded from the other as I assume I will lose some data. Is my assumption correct or will the flight details merge?

Bob

11 Antworten
Beta tester
Reputable Member

Hi,

I use two different devices, an Ipad Mini2 running EV3 and a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Ev4 and if you upload to the cloud on either device they will merge your past flights as you require.

Must admit though, and I have mentioned this before, I still think the Logbook/Breadcrumb methodology in Ev4 is unnecessarily complex and is just plain hard work compared to the Logbook in Ev3 that 'Just happens'.

Alan.

Antwort
Beta tester
Themenstarter
Estimable Member

Thanks Alan, I'll give it a shot. 

Antwort
Admin
Noble Member

The upcoming version of EV4 will have logbook entries created automatically without having to jump through the manual breadcrumbs analysing hoops ;-). I expect this will make life a lot easier for many users. The problem with using multiple devices having different "versions" of the logbook loaded will still be there, careful saving the logbook on one device and then restoring on all other devices is required. We are working on an improvement for that too btw.

Antwort
Beta tester
Reputable Member

Hi Rob,

Sounds good to me and sounds like a definite improvement over the currrent Ev4 Logbook/Breadcrumb methodology.

I will look forward to it!

Well done!

Alan.

Antwort
Estimable Member

Hi Rob, had a 1h flight today with EV4 version 880 on my Samsung S10. No flight data nor breadcrums recorded! I thought flight recording is done automatically?

Antwort
1 Antwort

Estimable Member

Sorry Rob , was version 890!

Antwort
Admin
Noble Member

Hi Norbert, 

Sorry for the late reply, but could you post here a screenshot of menu->system->Daily Breadcrumb maintenance? I keep my fingers crossed that screenshot is going to provide some clues...

Antwort
4 Antworten

Estimable Member

@rob-weijers

1. Hi Rob, in the menue> systems> breadcrums daily maint. I found the peculiar breadcrums but the flight log datas were manually inserted by myself , because of non apparent existence at the particular date! So at least the breadcrums are there, although quite a long distance only virtual calculation is apparent! Thanks for your reply Rob! Other than that I' qite happy with EV4!! ?
    Screenshot 20210326 190929 EasyVFR 4

Antwort

Estimable Member

Hi Rob, today I had a flight from EDMJ to EDNL and back again-EV4 Vers. 892. Unfortunately same thing happened again. Breadcrums I could restore via systems- breadcr. maintenance, but no log book entries will appear? In this case I did not manually enter logbook datas? Pse have a check on this! TKS Norbert

Screenshot 20210402 142105 EasyVFR 4

Screenshot 20210402 142050 EasyVFR 4
Screenshot 20210402 141941 EasyVFR 4

Antwort

Estimable Member

Hi Rob, I now installed version 894 and same result, it shows breadcrums but no logbook entries!?

Screenshot 20210402 171431 EasyVFR 4
Screenshot 20210402 171424 EasyVFR 4
Screenshot 20210402 171440 EasyVFR 4
Screenshot 20210402 171413 EasyVFR 4
Screenshot 20210402 171404 EasyVFR 4

Antwort

Estimable Member

Hi Rob, apparently this problem hasn't been solved yet.Had a test flight today, where I got breadcrums via the maintenance menue but no flight log data although the system tells me that it had extracted the datas. They didn't show up neither in the maintenance file nor in the daily flight log?? A friend of mine which recently installed EV4 on his Samsung S10 experiences the same problem. Can you pse have a check on this! Tks

regards Norbert 

Antwort
Mein Warenkorb
Dein Warenkorb ist leer.

Sieht so aus, als hättest du noch keine Wahl getroffen.