10 Berichten
3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,280 Bekeken
Honorable Member Admin
Deelgenomen: 6 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Norwegian and Swedish added, plus several bug fixes and improvements

The two newly added languages are still beta, meaning mostly automatically translated. Work is in progres to improve these translations. Below you will find the fixes and improvement in the release notes, and below that the download to the beta version 4.0.933. All bug fixes are reported by users via the forum and support email.

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback. Your input really helps us to prioritize development and to make EasyVFR 4 better every day.

In the coming weeks we will continue to focus on fixes and improvements within EasyVFR 4. And of course continue to broaden our data collecting for the new airport data layers.

Do you have something to share yourself? Feel free to start a new topic here at the forum. We are looking forward to your thoughts on the new features and data types in this update.

Cheers,
Team EasyVFR 4

Release notes

• NEW: Norwegian and Swedish languages added.
  • IMPROVED: Android 11 support improved.
  • IMPROVED: SkyEcho Flarm decoding updated with latest version.
  • IMPROVED: When an Airfield is PPR then the symbology used on the map is no longer showing the P so the symbology better reflects the actual airfield type. QuickInfo window for that airfield and the Airfield Summary window will now list "(PPR)" in the name of these airfields.
  • IMPROVED: Post FlightStatistics pop-up for Heli's is now hidden when hovering, when aircrafttype is set to Heli in the currently selected Aircraft Profile.
  • FIXED: When rotating the tablet/phone while editing Aircraft Profile settings EV4 would crash.
  • FIXED: EasyVFR 4 menu -> Help and Legal -> About EasyVFR 4 now works again on Android.
  • FIXED: On PC or when using landscape the GAFOR Full text buttons are too short.
  • FIXED: TrackUp display of NOTAMS on map displaced NOTAM text depending on rotation.
  • FIXED: When downloading NOTAMS from the Flight Documentation window the progress bar will be coloured orange during the download and processing so its consistent with the METARS and TAFS buttons behavior.
  • FIXED: When the detailed AirfieldInfo was called from the airfield summary bar then a tap on this AirfieldInfo screen could trigger the activation of an approach plate on the invisible summary bar.
  • FIXED: Flightplan Filing option Other Info rendered text garbled.
  • FIXED: Flight Documentation sometimes did not show EFB documents for all airfields used in a route.
  • FIXED: Flight Documentation sometimes duplicated EFB documents for airfields used in a route.
  • FIXED: Many Android devices did not keep their screen on when running the latest version of EasyVFR4.
  • FIXED: Manually created logbook entries where not stored if in the past a logbook entry with overlapping timeframe has been deleted.
  • FIXED: When the trial period was expired and a new license was obtained, EasyVFR 4 would not pickup the new license and instead closes the application.

Downloads

Apple iOS & iPadOS

• Minimum requirements:
    • 64-bit and 2GB RAM. Effectively:
      • iPad Air 2 and higher.
      • iPad Mini 4 and higher.
      • iPhone 6S and higher.
    • The iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro perform extremely well.
  • Download
    1. Install the Apple TestFlight app via the Apple AppStore.

2. Go to the following URL to download the latest version of EasyVFR4 via TestFlight:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/Zxbi0Hof

Android

• IMPORTANT
  • Minimum requirements:
    • 64-bit, +3GB RAM. Android 7.0 and higher is advised.
    • Android 11 is not yet stable.
  • We have good results with:
    • Huawei MediaPad M5.
    • Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and S6.
    • Most modern smartphones.
  • Download:
    • To install you must enable the option: "Allow the installation of apps from sources other than Play store" in Android Settings, Lock screen and Security. Some Android devices require you to tap&hold the link below, then choose [Download link] to store the APK on your device from where you then can install this downloaded APK.
      https://members.pocketfms.com/WebProgramDownloads/EasyVFR4/EasyVFR4_4.0.933.apk

Windows desktop

macOS High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina

• IMPORTANT:
      • Apple macOS (Runs up to Catalina, Big Sur is NOT supported!).
    • Minimum requirements:
      • Most 64-bit macOS versions. E.g. High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina.
      • Anything with the new M1 chipset (beta).
    • Download:
    • Installation instructions:
      • After downloading the DMG, open it and drag the EasyVFR 4 icon into the Applications folder. EasyVFR 4 is now available via Launchpad.
      • When you get the message "EasyVFR4.app can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store" choose [Open in Finder] from that popup, then right-click on EasyVFR4.app and choose open. Now the same popup will appear, now with a [Open] button.
      • From there on you can launch EasyVFR 4 from the launchpad without this warning.

Citeren
Deelgenomen: 4 jaar geleden

Hi. I installed 4.0.933 on my Huawei Android Tablet but:
- EasyVFR 4 menu -> Help and Legal -> About EasyVFR 4 : still not fixed
- device doesn't keep screen on: still not fixed (battery power neither external power) (very important issue!)
- automatic Departure and Arrival don't work: need to manual tap on Dep and on Arrival
Thank you
Fabio

BeantwoordenCiteren
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member Moderator
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

I installed 4.0.933 on my Windows 10 laptop,  EasyVFR 4 menu -> Help and Legal -> About EasyVFR 4 link points to a (non-existent) local file on my laptop, not to the web address I presume was intended (or should there have been a local file that has not been downloaded ???)

However on my Android tablet (Huawei MediaPad M5 SHT-W09 with Android 8 (but showing in About EasyVFR as Android 26.000 ???)) it works correctly. What pdf viewer app do you use on your tablet, Fabio? I am using Adobe Reader.

Dit bericht is gewijzigd 2 jaar geleden 2 keer door Stewart Buckingham

BeantwoordenCiteren

Hi Stewart,
when I tap on 'About easyvfr' a very fast pop-up appears: "easyvfr4about.html is not a valid pdf file" (or something like that: it is very fast popup and now, in the office, I have not my tablet……).
Anyway the VERY BIG PROBLEM is the screen: each (about) minute it turns off and I can't use Easyvfr4 when Flying!
All Versions before 4.0.929 it was ok!

Dit bericht is gewijzigd 2 jaar geleden 2 keer door fabio calabro

BeantwoordenCiteren
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for sharing both issues. I am happy to report that these will be addressed in the next release.

Especially fixing "screen always on" on older Android versions was a trick one. With the release 4.0.929 we where obligated by Google Play to replace the since years standard method for leaving the screen always on for a new method.

That new method seemed to work on all the devices we have here at the office. Also some older ones. But it turned out that the custom battery management mechanisms some OEM have is trying to be smart and still shut the screen of.

With the next release we think to have found a method to stay compatible with both the old and new Android versions.

Cheers,
Tim

BeantwoordenCiteren

Thank you, Peter! I hope new release will came early.

BR,

Fabio.

PS: my tablet has Android 7.0

BeantwoordenCiteren
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Fabian,

The next beta will be released for the other OS's after the weekend. But for Android it's ready. This way you can hopefully enjoy a screen that stays on during your flights this weekend.

Download at https://members.pocketfms.com/WebProgramDownloads/EasyVFR4/EasyVFR4_4.0.938.apk

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Tim

BeantwoordenCiteren

Thank you, Tim.

I have just installed .938 apk and seems to be ok: now I am at home and tomorrow will check during flight.

Great job!!!!!!!

Have nice weekend!

Cheers,

Fabio.

BeantwoordenCiteren

Ciao Tim,

I confirm that with this apk the device keep screen on: no problem during Flight, today.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Fabio

BeantwoordenCiteren
Honorable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you Fabio for confirming!

We have now released 4.0.938 for all platforms.
https://easyvfr4.aero/community/beta/4-0-938-beta-18oct2021-create-route-using-free-text-and-share-route-with-whatsapp/

Cheers,
Tim

BeantwoordenCiteren
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.