0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,049 Bekeken
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

in my example, there are other airports in the vicinity of the selected one, and this seems to be the reason, why it is not shown.  However, when I select an airport, and the information window is displayed, it does not make sense to omit the location on the map.  (red cross)

94FE41EF F692 414D 9E8E 7643EF56CF43

4 reacties
Admin
Noble Member

Hmmm, I do agree, but this is not easy to fix I'm affraid. I have to think this over how to solve without causing a 7-headed dragon ....

Beantwoorden
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

May I suggest two solutions:

1.  the decluttering function could be optimized.  In the case of EDFO there is no need to declutter, because the map is not overloaded.  Presently you have a preference to display gliderfields, because they often have a longer (gras) runway.  So one step is to select what is a “suitable” field.  But I would rather see 2 airfields overlapping each other, than not knowing about one of them

2. the little “i” that is displayed for a while could remain on the map until the info window is closed.

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

In one of the early versions of EV4 we rendered all airfields regardless of zoomlevel, just made icons smaller when zoomed out more. This looked really good, but to keep performance ok the rendering of airports had to have a max canera altitude otherwise it would take too long and take too much memory to render all airfields on the visible part of the map.

the second problem was the labeling: having so many airifelds visible the routine to do the airfield labeling declutter also took ages. Decluttered airfieldicons are a fast first-step filter in decluttering the airfield labels.

the last months some ideas came to mind how to improve this (currently the aerodata layer is the slowest layer of all, so currently the bottleneck), and I guess these will be worked out not too far in the future.

About the (i), It stays on the map in case of the QuickInfo->Airfield info (what gives the full airifeld information), indeed not when the summary window is visible. Let me think about it....

Beantwoorden
Beta tester

Hi,

I just saw that this topic already exists, so I don't have to add a new one.

What I find disturbing is that when zooming out, the airfields start to disappear which is principally o.k. But they disappear rather early, so unless you are very near, it is sometimes difficult to find airfields. Additionally, some disappear very early and some don't. So, it can occur that at a specific zoom level a airfield has disappeared while a similar airfield nearby is still visible.

Devicw: IPAD 2018

PS: keep up the good work! Don't want to go back to EV3 🙂

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.