3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,153 Bekeken
Beta tester
Topic starter
Reputable Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

Think this is something maybe for Dave Rowe,

It appears that the EGFD Llanbedr Danger areas are not being correctly shown in either Ev3 or Ev4. They are currently shown as permanent Danger Areas which they are not. They are only activated by Notam.

See this note on Flyer mag which  highlights this:-

https://www.flyer.co.uk/llanbedr-open-for-flying-despite-danger-area-confusion/

Regards,

Alan

5 reacties
Beta tester
Estimable Member

Alan

This article on the Flyer forum relates to an error in SkyDemon where they had not shown them as Active by NOTAM. They have now corrected that.

EasyVFR was correctly shown, except a very minor plotting error with the Southern boundary vertices of EG-D217J. That will be included in the next Aerodata release.

Kindest regards

Dave

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Hi Dave,

Hmmm...Maybe I am misunderstanding something here?

My point is that Ev appears to be showing these Danger Areas as a permanent feature on the Chart even though they are not permanently activated, they are only activated on occasion by Notam.

I thought the whole purpose of Smartmap in Ev4 was to only show such things on the Chart when they were active. Or do occasional temporary Danger Areas not apply to Smartmap?

Alan.

Beantwoorden
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Alan they are shown with bold outlines only when the notams activate them. When they are not active they are still shown but with a very faint outline. We think it vital that pilots know they are there and might become active. If you are seeing them with a bold outline when you are sure they should not be active then one of three possible things are happening:

(a) you have not made smartmap active (layers menu) or

(b) you have not got a current notam download (menu>download menu) or

(c) you have not defined the date and time of your planned flight. 

Without (b) and(c) EasyVFR cannot determine if the airspace is active or inactive so to ensure your safety they are show as active. 

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Estimable Member

Alan

I have just been comparing Llanbedr with the Danger areas in the Channel south of Dover. The reason that Llanbedr area look like they are active is because there are two areas, SFC-2000 & 2000-6000 with multiple overlaps. That doubles the density of the inactive airspaces.

The Inactive Airspaces Transparency can be reduced to 80% of normal density.

There is one airspace, EG-D298 which will disappear in the next cycle.

Dave

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Hi,

I do have Smartmap activated.

All i can say is that how these Danger Areas are currently shown in Ev when not being activated by Notam, is to me, confusing and too easily misunderstood as being permanently active when in actual fact they are not.

Alan.

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.