3 Gebruikers
1 Vind-ik-leuks
1,200 Bekeken
Beta tester
Topic starter
Reputable Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

Windows 10 with .575

Currently all routes planned are shown as Magnetic Track. Trip kit /Plog is also showing Track True,Track Heading, Magnetic Track as all being the same!

We now have weather and wind. The Variation deviation should also be known so when can we expect an algorithm corrected route Heading or Track please?

The improvements keep coming and I am now getting seriously impressed, (Which I admit has taken time!) but I want to go flying with Ev4 and daren't not yet!

Alan.

6 reacties
Trusted Member

People actually use PLOG's in conjunction with an EFB? Learn something new everyday 🙂  but I do agree if the functionality is there it should work I do remember using the same function in RunwayHD for my Nav test PLOG, not used one since though. Doesn't seem to be anywhere to manually input wind details currently and as far as I can tell the auto function doesn't populate the fields either. Can't say this is stopping me using EV4 for flying - started using it locally now and will give it a go on longer journeys very soon. 

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Reputable Member

'People actually use PLOG's in conjunction with an EFB?'

When everything else fails, the Plog will always be there!. It will for me anyway. ?

Alan.

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

Automatic windaloft will be implemented soon, its the next WX thingy that gets implemented. You can change w/v however manually already by simply tapping the w/v item for a leg and enter the wind in  DDDWW format, where DDD is direction and WW is speed, see this screenshot:

C848FD69 A78E 4D9F B10C CB67185B22D7

the navlog in the PDF flightbriefing will then give track vs heading already based on the manually entered winddata.

Beantwoorden
1 reactie
Beta tester

Reputable Member

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info. I had already found that W/V could be altered manually but changing W/V currently doesn't alter Track.

I will look forward to Auto wind.

Alan

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

Hi Alan, W/V never alters track. Also not with autowind when it becomes available. Its the heading required to follow the track that is influenced by wind, and that one is adjusted, and can be found in the flightbriefing PDF.

EF3ABF57 3526 4A3E 98CD 8E4D95A7CA75

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Yes...Doh!...brain fade!

What I meant to say was that currently putting in the wind manually does not change the shown MT to MH as I would expect it to. No matter, when Auto wind is sorted no doubt it will be ok.

Alan

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.