0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,514 Bekeken
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

there is a NOTAM with exact coordinates and dimensions, but the parsing into the map graphics seems only a rough estimate. 
In my picture the user waypoint represents the NOTAM coordinates.  It is not centered in the circle.  Nor is the circle radius reflecting the published dimension.

we had this topic before, and it was explained with the Q-line of the format, that does not allow coordinate seconds.  
However, with this very small area, the possible error becomes bigger than the area itself.

3 reacties
Admin
Noble Member

This is typical "ancient" NOTAM behaviour I'm afraid. The guy/organisation who creates the NOTAM has to comply to various rules and handle system limitations we simple pilots are probably not aware of ;-). We can only hope in the future a more modern NOTAM system will be operational worldwide.

Beantwoorden
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

But why don’t you take the coordinates from the message text, if it is available?   As a pilot, I have no other info than the message text, so a computer could use the same.

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

We tried that, but success rate of parsing such NOTAMs correctly turns out to be less then 90%. There are just too many different ways how a circular area with a radius gets described. 

By using the QLine centerpoint and radius maybe the area is bigger then defined in the text, but at least the effected area is 100% sure covered so no risk of infringements exists when staying out of the depicted NOTAM circle.

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.