0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,111 Bekeken
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

If the green arrow “show on map” is selected (e.g. from a search), the map will shift and zoom towards the place.  It is not possible to stop the zoom and a high altitude.  The automatic zoom will fight any manual intervention and continue all the way in.

4 reacties
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Indeed it does, by design, and has done so from the start of EV4 development. What is it that you find inconvenient about this, Leif, and what would you prefer to happen?

Beantwoorden
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Topic starter
Prominent Member

Sometimes I only need a location from a high camera altitude.  I would prefer that I can stop the automatic zoom by manually using the one finger slider, and thereby overriding it.  Presently I have to wait for the zoom to go all the way to 3NM, then zooming out again to whatever I wanted.

Beantwoorden
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Thanks, Leif! I'll have to leave it to Rob to comment on that at a practical level. IIRC "in the early days" Rob explained that in fact the trajectory you see happening was there to "fill the time" while EasyVFR was preparing the full picture for the final view, so the time saved waiting to zoom in might not be very much - but at least you would be spared having to "unzoom" after it had reached the 3nm scale!

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

It should be doable to interrupt automatic zooming as soon as the user touches the screen somewhere, but as Stewart mentions I also vaguely recall there is a small devil somewhere otherwise we would have implemented it already. But since I don't recall it anymore, lets give it another try ; I'll have a look at it. 

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.