3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,132 Bekeken
Vincent Fischer
Beta tester
Topic starter
Trusted Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

It seems not possible to end a flight at the same location as the start. It would nice to be able to create a route that ended at the starting airfield. When building a route, if I click on the starting airfield, there is no option to Append it.

If there is a way to do this, feedback explaining how would be much appreciated.

5 reacties
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

This is indeed already possible, Vince. 

Just start to create a new flight, define the departure point, then APPEND your first waypoint, then APEND your second waypoint, then APEND in sequence any any further waypoints, and eventually APPEND your landing aerodrome - which in this case will be the one you started from. The appending of waypoints can either be done by the "tapping on the map" method or by the "search function" method.

Once you have a basic route created you can also refine it by  INSERTing waypoints (by either the "map" or the "SEARCH" method, or by "rubber banding" any leg).

The only thing you cannot do is to set the destination airfield immediately after you have set the departure (as that would create a zero-length leg that the app fails to INSERT waypoints into), you need to have APPENDED at least two waypoints to give some general structure to the route before defining the destination.

Please give this a try and report back on how you get on!

VBR

Stu B

Team EasyVFR

Beantwoorden
1 reactie
Vincent Fischer
Beta tester

Trusted Member

@deeahbtinternet-com That worked Stu. Many thanks. Not sure why it didn't before, as I thought that was what I tried and the Append button was missing ..... but it works now as you describe.

Beantwoorden
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Thanks for the feedback, Vince.

I suppose there is a possibility that there is a rare bug that suppresses the append button, though I've never heard any other reports of such an issue. But please post again if the problem reoccurs.

VBR

Stu

Beantwoorden
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Actually it seems there IS a little bug here! 

If you use the SEARCH function, you can call up the destination  airfield and APPEND it, or if instead you tap the map near the airfield and get the infoWheel and tap the ROUTE segment, again you can APPEND the airfield you want to return to, but if instead you tap the map and use the AIRFIELD segment of the InfoWheel, you do NOT get the APPEND option (whereas that method does allow you to APPEND at other airfields). Also, if you tap the map and the Airfield QuickInfo pane appears at the foot of the screen, and from that again you tap the icon for the full airfield info, again there is no APPEND option. So, in the special case of defining the arrival aerodrome for a circular flight, of teh 4 methods usually available to set a waypoint, only two of them work!

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

Thx Stewart, this is fixed in the upcoming release 🙂

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.