5 Berichten
3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,171 Bekeken
Beta tester
Topic starter
Eminent Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

would it be possible to add traffic from online source? like flightradar24.com?

i sometimes open flightradar app in flight to search for other traffic

4 reacties
Admin
Noble Member

We have this kind of traffic data already running in a trial environment for about three years. Using push technology in combination with data from adsb-exchange and OGN we created some kind of “virtual atc”, what worked quite well. But because it requires a device with a mobile connection and a small inquiry arround a group of our users complained about this and the delay of ~15 seconds we decided not to put it in an actual release. Maybe worthwhile to reconsider ... 

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Eminent Member

it is true you need stable internet connection.

but it is still usable when flying in proximity of airports when you are close to ground and traffic is denser.

where can i find more info how to use this feauture? i would be happy to test it 15 seconds seems usable enought to know general direction to other traffic.

Beantwoorden
Admin
Noble Member

This feature isn’t publically usable, to be honest since we decided not to contiue with it it hasn’t had much attention. But let me check upcoming weeks, maybe its easy to  pollish it up and reactivate in EV4 when we port VirtualRadar.

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Trusted Member

I have programmed in python for android "virtual" flarm, that pulls data from internet and sends it via UDP to EasyVFR. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not (internet...). But few times it actually warned me of traffic in front of me, so I still use it.

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.