4 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,354 Bekeken
Beta tester
Topic starter
Eminent Member
Deelgenomen: 4 jaar geleden

Hello,

How can we manage the waypoints that are saved in the cloud ?

Thanks

Nicolas

4 reacties
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

The waypoints in the Cloud are only managed "indirectly" by managing the waypoints shown on your devices. If you access the User Waypoints list by tapping Menu>MyUserWaypoints, at the bottom of that screen there are 6 buttons, two of which relate to the Cloud.

If you have an internet connection, tapping "Save to Cloud" deletes any previous list of waypoints stored in the cloud and uploads a new list composed of all the waypoints currently stored on that particular device to the Cloud to replace teh old list there.

If you have an internet connection, tapping "Restore from Cloud" deletes any previous list of waypoints stored on that device and downloads a new list composed of all the waypoints currently stored in the Cloud to the device to replace the old list there.

So if you have a good list of waypoints on your device, you can store a copy in the cloud and then use it to install the same lit onto any other device you use, or to recover the good list on your original device if you have accidentally deleted some items or if you have had to remove and reinstall EasyVFR (which in some circumstances may have lost all you waypoints).

If you have added new waypoints then you can save the updated list and then download ("restore") it onto your other devices.

All you need to be careful about is to avoid adding new useful waypoints to one device and forgetting to upload and download to you other devices, then adding other new waypoints onto a different device, so that you have two devices with different lists. There is no way you can easily make a list that  combines some or all waypoints from one device with some or all of the waypoints on a different device, so it is important to try to keep all your devices in step any time you make any changes.

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Eminent Member
Deelgenomen: 4 jaar geleden

Thanks a lot for all these informations

Beantwoorden
Vincent Fischer
Beta tester
Trusted Member

I am having an issue today when transferring waypoints from one device to another. It worked last week, so perhaps is related to a beta update??? both ipads in questions are running the current beta release 4.0.911. Both ipads have access to the PFMS cloud.

I have modified the coord of a waypoint on one ipad and then did a "save to cloud" which was confirmed with the "succeeded" message.

On the other ipad, I did a "delete all" to remove all the local waypoints and then a "restore from cloud". I replied "yes" to the question about appending my current waypoints (none) with the ones from the PFMS cloud. I then received the message "successfully imported 38 KML items from EasVFRUserwaypoints.kml". This leads me to believe that the list was restored from a local copy rather than from the cloud. In any case, the restored list of waypoints does not include the change saved to the cloud from the first ipad.

Beantwoorden
leif
 leif
Beta tester
Prominent Member

It is really important to concentrate on the procedure.  One mixup in save / restore will possibly delete some of your waypoints.

you can keep a backup list on your device using email.

There is Problem with saving a WP from the map and naming it.  My iPad will not accept any name except the default.

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.