What’s new with version 4.0.970?
We are excited to announce a new update, improving the UI and the fun of EasyVFR. We introduce a new Route Card, and a new method to quickly share routes with any EasyVFR 4 user and device. For Dynon users on iOS, we also have a handy addition. And the AUP timespan is extended with the data for Tomorrow. This update leads us one step closer to some more exciting releases this Season!
Interested in the entire list of new functionalities and improvements instead? Go to the full changelog.
Tapping the Route Totals Bubble opens a new Route Card. Offering a clean overview of the route waypoints and legs. Course, Duration, Distance and Altitude; ( 285mt 00:17h:m 8nm 2600ft).
When in Flying Mode, the Route Card will scroll your current leg into view and highlight the Leg Label of the active leg.
Open Pro Route Options
The Route Card focuses on what is relevant for anyone who is flying, leaving anything out that can be distracting, or is less often used.
To quickly start over, you can tap the red tappable-text ‘Stop Route’ in the header of the Route Card.
Cancel or Confirm Route Changes
The previous Cancel Changes and Confirm Changes buttons are replaced by tappable-text and moved to the Route Totals bubble and Route Card. Making it more logical to new users what the expected behavior is: Confirmation of the draft route (yellow) is needed to have it activated (magenta).
View waypoint on the map
When taped on a waypoint the moving map will be centered on its location.
Every new card has the same closing behavior. To close a card, tap outside the card on the moving map. Or tap in the header on the title (or icon when any). This works for the Route Card as for the previously added Status Card.
Share Route Token
Ever wanted to share your route with a fellow EasyVFR 4 user? Now it’s done in seconds! To share a route:
- Create a route and Confirm Changes,
- open the Route Card,
- tap on the blue text ‘Share Route’, and confirm.
- Your route will be uploaded to our servers and get a special four letters token with an exclamation mark as a prefix, like “!OWUI”.
- Any EasyVFR 4 user can then enter this token “!OWUI” into the search window. The route will be downloaded in seconds and ready to use.
The route token will expire after 72 hours. Changes made on a route that was previously shared will remain locally. To share this new or changed, simply create a new Route Token by tapping ‘Share Route’.
Every month more countries are adding airspaces that can be activated by an Airspace Use Plan (AUP). The final call for airspace reservation is made on the date of activation itself at 0600UTC. But one day ahead after 1600UTC, many AUP/UUP reservations are already published.
From now on the AUP for Tomorrow is available within EasyVFR 4 after 1600UTC. So when you have a flight planned for tomorrow and you enter the correct departure day and time in the Route Planning menu, you will see the expected airspace activity for your flight. This also works when you don’t have an active route and change the Map Interest Timespan.
As always, download the latest data before your flight and check for some last minute changes, just as you are used to do with NOTAMs.
Prepare Dynon USB Stick on iOS
Now you can update the avionics data on your Dynon SkyView USB stick with your iPhone and iPad. This process also works on Apple Silicon macs. To do this, you need only need an adapter to connect the USB stick to your iPhone; an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
The process is identical to the export procedure on the desktop.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad has enough free storage (up to 5GB is needed). The whole process can take the first time multiple hours.
- Insert the adapter with your Dynon USB stick inserted into your iOS device.
- Go to EasyVFR 4 menu -> Downloads menu -> Dynon SkyView.
- When not registered, enter the serial number of your master SkyView panel.
- Now all the data must be first stored locally. Tap the [Download] button in the footer and leave EasyVFR in the foreground until the download is finished.
- Tap the [Select USB Stick] button. A list of drivers and folders will be shown in a model window.
Select your Dynon USB stick. Do not tap on any folder within the root of the stick, only the USB stick itself needs to be selected.
- Tap in de header of the modal on Done.
- Copy – Now back in EasyVFR 4 in the Dynon SkyView Data Exchange menu tap [Copy], and confirm the pop-up by tapping ‘Yes’. The data will now be copied from the local storage towards the USB stick. Leave EasyVFR in the foreground until the copying is finished
Note – There are thousands of files to be copied during the first time your run this process. This will take a few hours.
Curious to what will be next?
I hope you liked reading this blog post and that you can’t wait to update your EasyVFR 4 app! Currently, we are working on some exciting new features that will be implemented in next future releases. If you want to be one of the first to try them out, you can become a beta tester! Within ”My EasyVFR” you can select the option ”Participate as beta tester” and off you go! All beta and public updates are published at the forum.
Update to 4.0.970
To update EasyVFR 4 go to the iOS AppStore, Android Google Play app store or macOS M1 AppStore for iOS apps. Search for EasyVFR 4, or go to the knowledge base to be redirected to the app store download page. For Windows and macOS X and Catalina, the latest downloads are listed in our knowledge base.
New here? Let’s get started
✍️ Create your EasyVFR 4 account today and explore 30 days for free. Create account and start Trial
If you already happen to have an EasyVFR 3 Standard or Frequent Flyer Membership (FFM) license that you bought directly with us, it’ll work for EasyVFR 4 as well – no charge.
? Download EasyVFR 4 and take it for a spin. Let us know what you think in the comments and don’t forget to check back soon for even more great EasyVFR 4 features coming your way. ?