[Solved] Listening squak not visible on map

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Beta tester
Topic starter
Eminent Member
hi rob

with version 3 we could see the details for a listening squak on the German map. On version 4 it’s not mentioned on the map so I have to click the airspace on the wheel to get the details. When flying you easily overlook this special airspace’s in Germany. The green SQK airspace color is hard to see.

I can understand you don’t want to overload the map but It would be nice to see a hint on the map. Then I could click on the dedicated airspace to find the details. See EDNY Friedrichshafen.

07EBBE87 D16F 4039 9D71 AB3B47B778D5
3 Replies
Admin
Noble Member

Hi Christian,

They will definitely get back on the map as soon as airspace labels are implemented. To be honest Airspace Labels, Weather and EFB are currently fighting which one will be implemented first. All three are quite heavy work (2-3 weeks) and I'm investiging if we somehow could split each in smaller blocks of implementation, though thats difficult for the airspace labels I think.

1 Reply
Beta tester

Eminent Member

Great 

as long as the labels come back  take your time ? 

I’ll be heading to Friedrichshafen on Wednesday...

Peter Jackson
Beta tester
Eminent Member

Rob,

If trying to prioritise airspace, weather and EFB, I think that for 90% of EasyVFR customers the primary purpose of  a moving map application is situational awareness to avoid airspace busts.

WX and EFB will be nice to have, but airspace labels could help keep your beta testers out of jail for now.

On the subject of in-flight WX, Sebastian Golze’s free ADLConnect app is worth a look if you’re going to Aero. It was designed to use minimum bandwidth for a satellite data connection and works well on 3G at typical VFR altitudes. It runs split screen with EasyVFR for avoiding storm cells, but displaying the data in the EasyVFR app would be better...

ATB, Peter.

My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.