Share:
Notifications
Clear all

pooleys plates

41ba5907d4fd242cf6b161cdaa6c4109?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Hello,

I have Dynon skyview and i wish install ifr plates.

is the pack "pooleys plates" contain ifr approaches ?

Thank you

Nicolas

4 Replies
Stewart Buckingham
Beta tester
Prominent Member
Thanks for your enquiry, Nicolas.
Pooleys Flight Guide (the source supplier for the plates) is a VFR flight guide and so the plates set does NOT contain any IFR plates.
Although Pooleys does contain entries for all UK licensed aerodromes, those are also already covered in the free UK AIP (and in our EasyVFR free plates), the real value of Pooleys, and why UK pilots treat it like the Bible, is that it also contains information about the large number of public but unlicensed aerodromes in the UK, which (being unlicensed) are NOT included in the AIP, and which therefore cannot legally have IFR approaches.

HTH

Stu B
Team EasyVFR
f462cecaeb0fabecc25b278e2259c5b0?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Beta tester
Trusted Member

Also worth noting that as this question relates to the Dynon Skyview that it is not currently possible to display any of the Pooleys airfield plates onto the Dynon unless they have an ICAO code. Many of the plates don't! 

1 Reply
5c1242ce1c84de60ae1ea618ae44df33?s=80&d=retro&r=g
Admin

Famed Member

As promised I asked Dynon for an update about this fix, received this as answer :

Rob, Good news! It is fixed in version 16.2 software coming mid August.

Stewart Buckingham
Beta tester
Prominent Member

True indeed - but those without ICAOs are by definition unlicensed so cannot legally have IFR approach plates anyway (as per OP).

I think in another thread Rob said that Dynon 16.2 firmware with this fixed was due soon?

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.