Together we make EasyVFR
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question Active Waypoint

Tom Weinberger
Topic starter

Rookie question: Is there a means to manually switch the active waypoint when in flight mode?

Thanks a lot for a quick hint!

Tom

3 Replies
Stewart Buckingham
Prominent Member

Tom, at present the simplest way to deal with this is to delete all waypoints between your present location and teh waypoint you now want to route directly to. In EasyVFR4, open  the Route pane and at the bottom of the section for each leg of the route, to the RIGHT of the blue text which shows the name of the waypoint there is a button with three dots on it. When you tap that button, a series of other buttons appear which allow you to carry out various actions including:-

• Centre the screen on that waypoint
  • (If that waypoint is an airfield) See information about that airfield
  • Move that waypoint to one leg earlier in the route
  • Move teh waypoint one leg later in the route
  • Insert a new waypoint into that leg
  • Append a new waypoint immediately after that leg
  • Remove (Delete) that Waypoint

By using the last of these buttons, that waypoint can be removed form the route. By repeaing that process you can remove all waypoints between your position and where you want to "shortcut" to.

Note however, that the leg created will not start a your present position (unless you are actually exactly at a waypoint); if you want a leg from your present position you woudl first need to insert a waypoint at yoru present position to "fix" the start of teh shortcut leg.

(Note - DO NOT use the "Direct TO" option that can appear on other panes - that creates a single-leg route from present position to the "direct to" point, so if you accept that, it will replace ALL your planned route.

We do have an item on our "enhancements" list to allow some form of "shortcut to other waypoint in planned route" but I cannot say when that item will be addressed.

HTH

Stu B

1 Reply
Tom Weinberger

Hi Stewart,

thanks a lot for your reply!

So I actually have to rearrange my route and move the WP up in the WP list to display WP related numbers in the status boxes (distance, bearing, ETA etc)?

Stewart Buckingham
Prominent Member

That depends what you want to do, Tom. If you still want to overfly all your planned waypoints but in a different order then by all means use the "move earlier" button so the waypoint becomes next in the list. But I had assumed that you wanted to take a "shortcut" to a more distant waypoint and not visit the intervening points (e.g. if you had created a route round an airspace but you have now got a crossing clearance) then you need to "remove" each of the waypoints you want to drop from the route.

E.g. if you planned route was A,B,C,D,E,F,G and you were just approaching B, you could "remove" C,D & E to get A,B,F,G - which is the scenario I had anticipated.

But if you were just approaching B and wanted still to overfly C,D and E, but wanted first to fly to F, you could "move F Earlier" 3 times so your route became A,B,F,C,D,E,G

When you have created or modified a sequence of waypoints for whatever reason or by whatever means, all the distances, bearings, fuels and timings will automatically be recalculated to reflect the new route and your position along it. 

Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.