Notifications
Clear all

Under consideration Auto-zoom on approach to destination or waypoint

RSS

Topic starter

Tittle explains it all. 

This topic was modified 12 months ago 3 times by Tim Peter
7 Replies

Would be good on approach to destination but unnecessary on approach to waypoint - can't vote for one without the other - I'd personally rather not have it at all than have both.

@fmsrussp-co-uk

Agree zoom on approach to destination would be the useful to me. Approach to waypoint not necessarily.

User configurable, please: YES (zoom) or NO (DON'T ZOOM) - per category: WP, airport ... or whatsoever.

Even better (yes, user are greedy): User-configurable zoom-levels dependant of distance (to wp) and/or speed and/or altitude.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Edgar Hermanns

Automatic zoom on approach would be great, on WP not necessarily. On a ferry flight today I experienced when zooming manually a EDR disappeared all of a sudden. When zooming back showed up again after a while! ?

Topic starter

Hmm, can you somehow reproduce it? It would be great to get an example; I suspect the pre-render filtering filters out that airspace because it thinks is not visible using the current camera settings ? 

I'll try Rob, but have to wait a while because our ac is in overhaul  right now!

Another definite yes for this at the destination airfield.  Probably best if you can select it as there will be mixed feelings about this I suspect.  A definite pain trying to do this manually in bumpy air in a flexwing with gloves on.  ? 

I must have missed this when it first appeared as I see it is quite old, but hopefully not forgotten.

I'm sure EV3 did this but then it could be my old brain playing tricks on me. ? 

Alan

Agreed; auto-zoom on approach to destination. Auto-zoom on approaching a WP is not what I need.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Chris Couenberg
Share:
My cart
Your cart is empty.

Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.