7 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
1,433 Ansichten
Beta tester
Themenstarter
Eminent Member
Beigetreten: Vor 3 Jahren

Just subscribed to your new maps and was wondering whether I would need to install the "SkyViewEuropeanMapStyle" or is this obsolete then?

6 Antworten
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 5 Jahren

"SkyViewEuropeanMapStyle" is a set of modifications to the default colouring Skyview applies to various classes/categories of airspace to try to produce airspace lines coloured to more closely represent European charts. (As far as that is possible where different European countries use different schemes and the implicit Dynon classification system is based on an FAA view of how airspace should be structured which likewise does not match 1-for-1 with European practice!) 

The Dynon system automatically turns OFF all airspace depiction (such as it gets from our Aerodata) when a purchased chart image is being displayed. The airspace drawn within our new EUR EasyVFR chart is already configured to our interpretation of European colouring and is not affected in any way by the skyview map style settings, nor is it user-configurable in any other way. But if you for whatever reason turn off the chart temporarily, the airspaces defined by our aerodata will instead appear, so you would probably still want to have the European map style settings applied to cover that situation. Also, even with the EasyVFR chart being displayed, if you tap the Dynon screen, it can bring up various information including temporarily drawing the particular airspace boundary using the AERODATA information, so for this situation also it would be worthwhile continuing to apply the European Map style adjustment.

HTH

Stu B

Tram EasyVFR

Antwort
Beta tester
Themenstarter
Eminent Member
Beigetreten: Vor 3 Jahren

Alright, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Antwort
Heiko Fricke
Beta tester
Eminent Member

I just loaded the new rasterchart on my HDX screens.

Great job! I finally don't need paper in the cockpit anymore.

Some remarks (s. pics attached)

TMZ yellow marking should be for the complete TMZ area. I find Augsburg TMZ very difficult to identify in particular the misdrawn transparent dashed side areas. I would draw everything in  yellow no matter of upper- and lower limits. Better PICs squawk data of A/C too high / low but listens than someone.

Is there a way to categorize RMZ and TMZ in the same way / color? RMZs are shown by Dynon in blue as "Caution Airspace" with the appropriate freq (very good).

20210725 083619

It would be good if the title contained "RMZ". Maybe you can prefix this to the station name, as suffix it is not visible (s. Egelsbach

20210725 091321

attachemtn)

Antwort
Heiko Fricke
Beta tester
Eminent Member

sorry, my msgs may not have been clear enough:

it appears that in EV4 the aisrpace categorization is extensive. TMZ and RMZ are clearly shown on all possible installations and devices.

The Dynon set of airspace categories does not appear to show the same variety.

If you identify RMZ, TMZ and SQK in the file for Dynon as "Caution Airspace" and prefix the station name with the appropriate identifier (ex: "RMZ SCHWAEBIS", "TMZ FRIEDRIC" AND "SQK SAARBRUEC" the Dynon airspace limits and airspace pop-up will show information that is easily and intuitively identifiable.

Maybe a prefix can be easily smuggled into the name using a macro when converting the data.

This will leave no question open when flying without the raster chart and will overlay nicely when someone like me wants to have the same look and feel for geographical detail all across Europe.

Best regards

Heiko

Antwort
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

Thanks for your feedback, Heiko! This new chart is a very exciting new venture for us and creating it raised several issues that we have not had to address before, so we are particularly appreciative of all user feedback. One of the issues is indeed that the Dynon system inherently works with its own set of airspace types/categories based on FAA practice which does not always map well or easily onto the more extensive types of airspace and diverse ways they are used in Europe (including country-to-country variations across Europe!). So we have had to make compromises such as you have seen, but if we can improve the way we tune those compromises that is certainly something we are open to. I personally am not familiar with the exact constraints the Dynons apply and how Rob has handled them, but I'm sure he will welcome your input and look for ways to make improvements to address your remarks if the inherent Dynon limitations permit him enough room to manoeuvre!

Antwort
Heiko Fricke
Beta tester
Eminent Member

I like Dynon's way of displaying frequency and airspace type for airspace C, D and Caution Airspace.

But when you tap on an untowered airfiled you must lookup the frequency under the info button - it would be convenient to see this directly as with the airspaces above.

At a towered airfield you get the primary TWR freq - but they often have more than one, you need APP, RADAR, ATIS or GND. In this case the primary TWR freq is not as useful as on smaller fields where everything is managed by "INFO".

Same story for FIS frequncies - so far not available through Dynon.

Maybe it makes sense to identify the Dynon airspace categories that are shown with the frequency in the Dynon window (the one with the green arrow).

And then identify how to best (re)allocate the German frequencies to these categories.

When flying in France and around Venice I was quite successful in looking-up next frequencies tapping my Dynons.

I am happy to help.

BR

Heiko

Antwort
Mein Warenkorb
Dein Warenkorb ist leer.

Sieht so aus, als hättest du noch keine Wahl getroffen.