35 Berichten
7 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
862 Bekeken
Noble Member Admin
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Dear aviators,

We hope you had a great start to 2023. The team has been hard at work the past few months on several major projects, two of which are now ready for you to use.

Today's release is a significant update that includes a revamped menu design, as well as a new Instrument ribbon that replaces the InfoFields. The new ribbon includes features such as ATC now, ATC next, HSI, Bearing to Next, and more.

UI Design

Several menus and tools have been updated to align with EasyVFR's modern design philosophy. Under the hood, changes have been made to allow for workflow improvements in the upcoming months.

Menu Restructuring

Menus have been restructured to group items that are often used together more logically:

• Map-related options are now located in the Map Layers menu.
  • The "System" menu (in the EasyVFR 4 menu) has been renamed to "Preferences" and includes items that you may want to personalize but likely only need to set once.
  • The "General" menu (in the EasyVFR 4 menu) has been renamed to "System" and includes all system-related items that you typically do not have to verify or change, such as Units, Language, Alarms, and the behavior of the VP and Instrument ribbon, etc.
  • The country selection has been moved to the Status card -> Data.
  • The visibility of the Instrument ribbon and Vertical Profile can be set in the EasyVFR 4 menu -> Preferences. "Off" always hides them, "Auto" shows the VP when there is a route or flying and shows the Instruments when flying, and "On" always shows them.
IMG 0811[1]

Simple Aircraft Profile

The Aircraft Profile is now also listed in the EasyVFR 4 menu, so that Essential and Live users who do not have access to the Pro Aircraft Profile features can still access it. This allows them to choose a speed that fits their aircraft, making their route calculations more realistic.

Instrument Ribbon

The previous InfoFields flexibility was great but limited us in improving the screen organization because a user could place an InfoField anywhere on the screen. We believe that there is no default setup that fits all flying missions and that each use case requires a unique set of instruments. So we have come up with the Instrument ribbon, which allows you to easily insert or add any of the 29 Instruments to the ribbon. In portrait mode, the ribbon is stuck to the top, and in landscape, it moves to the side. Every instrument has a default color and unit, but for several, these can be customized.

IMG 0812[1]

ATC now, ATC next, HSI, Bearing to Next

Some new instruments have been added, such as:

• Bearing to Next: An arrow pointing towards the next waypoint and shows time (EET) and distance.
  • HSI: A nice and clean HSI design is added, guiding you back on to your planned route including time (EET) and distance.
  • ATC now and ATC Next: Combining the ATC name with the Frequency. ATC next shows the next ATC ahead of your track.

We have many more major projects in the pipeline that we are eager to share in the upcoming months. For now, we would love to hear what you think of the design upgrade and Instrument ribbon.

A full list of release notes can be found below.

Cheers,
Team EasyVFR 4

Release notes

• NEW: Aircraft Profile now allows to specify the speed to use as takeoff and landing thresholds.
  • NEW: Simple Aircraft Profiel for Essential and Live users.
  • NEW: Instrument ribbon added as replacement for InfoFields.
  • NEW: Instruments added, Bearing to Next, HSI, ATC now, ATC Next.
  • IMPROVED: Revised menu design and structure.
  • IMPROVED: For each Traffic object received, last 10 location points are drawn so the path flown can be determined.
  • IMPROVED: Above a certain camera altitude traffic objects will not show text anymore, and the traffic symbol will be scaled with the camera altitude to avoid heavy cluttering of the map when zooming out.
  • IMPROVED: Support for Android devices with a dual built-in GPS unit.

Downloads

Apple iOS, iPadOS, M1 and M2 macs

• Minimum requirements:
    • 64-bit and 2GB RAM. Effectively:
      • iPad Air 2 and higher.
      • iPad Mini 4 and higher.
      • iPhone 6S and higher.
    • The iPad Mini 5, 6, and iPad Pro perform extremely well.
  • Download
    1. Install the Apple TestFlight app via the Apple AppStore.

2. Go to the following URL to download the latest version of EasyVFR 4 via TestFlight:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/Zxbi0Hof

Android

Windows desktop

macOS High Sierra and up

• IMPORTANT:
      • Intel macs on Big Sur and Monterey need to have the latest macOS version 11.6.1 or 12.0.1 or higher installed.
      • M1 macs can download via the iOS AppStore.
    • Minimum requirements:
      • Most 64-bit macOS versions. E.g. High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina. BigSur 11.6.1 and Monterey 12.0.1 and up.
      • Apple Silicon M1 and greater macs can download via the iOS AppStore.
    • Download:
    • Installation instructions:
      1. After downloading the DMG file, open it and drag the EasyVFR 4 icon into the Applications folder. EasyVFR 4 is now available via Launchpad.
      2. When you get the message "EasyVFR4.app can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store" choose [Open in Finder] from that popup, then right-click on EasyVFR4.app and choose open. Now the same popup will appear, now with a [Open] button.
      3. From there on you can launch EasyVFR 4 from the launchpad without this warning.
      4. With every update, you need to redo step 2.
Dit onderwerp werd gewijzigd 1 jaar geleden door Rob Weijers
Dit onderwerp werd gewijzigd 1 jaar geleden 3 keer door Tim Peter

Citeren
Reputable Member Beta tester

Hi Rob,

I have only downloaded the Windows version of the 'new' version so far in order to familiarise myself with it. However I cannot for the life of me find out how to 'Turn off' the Route Profile view. Can you help please?

Cheers,

Alan.

BeantwoordenCiteren
Reputable Member Beta tester

Hi again Rob,

Re-last message All sorted, Found it!

For the benefit of anyone else who can't find the control to turn off route profile is now in 'Preferences'..Auto, Turn off/on etc.

Cheers,

Alan.

BeantwoordenCiteren
Estimable Member Beta tester

Hi Rob, 

I've searched but can't find any adjustment to EC target range for min and max altitudes/FL. So as to declutter unnecessary blips on the moving map.

Can you point me in the right direction? 

Bob

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member
Deelgenomen: 3 jaar geleden

Dear Team,

ist there a possibility to save the settings on the new instrument ribbon? I have modifyed the instruments, but after I cosed the program and restart it, every setting is gone and back to default.

Any Idea?

Thank you

PS I am using Apple IPAD

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Bob, you can find this setting at the StatusCard, Traffic option:

Please note that this setting only works when in flight mode. When not in flightmode EV4 will show all traffic regardless of vertical seperation. This because we got too many support emails from users thinking their traffic device was not working because there was no traffic visible. 

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Geplaatst door: Konrad Hechtbauer

Dear Team,

ist there a possibility to save the settings on the new instrument ribbon? I have modifyed the instruments, but after I cosed the program and restart it, every setting is gone and back to default.

Any Idea?

Thank you

PS I am using Apple IPAD

Hi Konrad, 

That is weird, these settings are persistent, so they should not get lost at a restart of the app. To be honest I have no clue whats going on, all I can suggest at the moment is try the [reset to defaults] option once to see if that maybe clears things up. 

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

I did what you saying and reset it to default several times but it is still the same. Weird, because from time to time the one or other changes are saved the other time not. Most of the time if I just change one parameter and restart the program, it is there. If I change more than one thing, no chance, it will be not saved.

I also tried with another IPad and it is exactly the same effect.

Thank you

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Konrad,

Can you post a screenshot of the instruments ribbon you setup and then refuses to save? Maybe it has to do with a specific instrument; maybe when I setup the same ribbon I can reproduce it here.

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

here are two screens- 1st without a new Instrument, 2nd with the new one. After Restart, the new one is gone. But this is not specific to a instrument, it can be anyone.

6081ADB9 2122 4610 B6C1 251FBC8E36A6
922E050E 564C 4D7F A5A9 F45CA15E428B

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

as additional information, I try it with a 3rd Device (IPhone X) and can see the same issue. Now confirmed on 3 devices.

Thank you

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Konrad,  A picture says more then a thousands words 🙂 I found it, when a change to the instrument ribbon is made and the use closes the edit screen by tapping on the moving map (what is more used when in landscape) then the changes are not saved persistent. I fixed it for the upcoming version; in the mean time, close the Instrument Ribbon edit screen by tapping somewhere on the white space on the edit window itself, then it will save ok.

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

thanks for that- and this works! Now I understand, why it works sometimes and sometimes not 😊 

Many thanks for your fantastic support!

BeantwoordenCiteren
Estimable Member Beta tester

Thanks Rob

BeantwoordenCiteren
leif
 leif
Prominent Member Beta tester

what exactly is a Minimum effective Altitude ?  

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob, 

another question to the new Ribbon; I made a few flights and I realise, the ALT-AGL is always N/A. At the old version it works- to you know why?

Thank you

Konrad

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Geplaatst door: leif

what exactly is a Minimum effective Altitude ?  

More and more NOTAMs are coming with regards to drone operations. These NOTAMs often are from GND to 500ft. By having Minimum effective altitude set to 500ft all NOTAMS that have an altitude upper limit of less then 500ft will be automatically hidden. 

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Rob, 

another question to the new Ribbon; I made a few flights and I realise, the ALT-AGL is always N/A. At the old version it works- to you know why?

Thank you

Konrad

Hi Konrad, 

I just checked my iphone, and there ALT AGL works fine. Could it be your tablet/phone does not have a 3D position fix yet? An exact location is required to get the terrain elevation from the terrain database downloaded to come to the ALT AGL. That's the only logical explanation I can think of at the moment....

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

what I did..- I installed the previous version with the old instruments- ALT AGL works on all devices. New ribbon, ALT AGL N/A. I also tried Sky Demon on all devices, ALT AGL works fine.

Below you can see a snippet of my ipad in my plane- I hope you can see it?

I think it can not be an issue on the used device.

Thank you

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Konrad, 

To be honest I am a bit confused. In a few days version 4.1.319 will be available, and I double checked that one does show correctly ALT AGL on all devices and platforms. I propose we wait for that version and see what that does on your ipad ?

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Ok, no problems.
Thank you and I let you know the result.

ps;

just for your reference, it is not only one device, I saw this issue on two Ipads and one IPhone.

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member Beta tester
Deelgenomen: 4 jaar geleden

Hi,

Before we had the correspondence between the place in VPV and the map. It was convenient for getting around. Is it possible to reset the setting?

Thank you

Nicolas

Capture d’écran 2023 02 01 153948

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Nicolas, 

I don't fully understand what you mean, this link between the VPV and the map is still working in 4.1.318; you want to disable it ? 

BeantwoordenCiteren

For me, obviously, on the PC and Mac version it does not work. Indeed on the iPad, it works fine

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Nicolas, 

Try clicking on a location on the VPV, then on the moving map the corresponding location should get marked using the hexagon symbol, and from then on you should be able to slide that hexagon on the VPV back and fourth. 

BeantwoordenCiteren

Hello,

it's solved in version 4.1.320

Thanks

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

as promised, the status and result after the new Beta Version. Alt AGL is still not working. I have installed the official release on the same device and all works fine.

Hope this issue will be solved in the next release version

CB0821A2 AA86 4D8C 95F3 DEB746566643

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

also another one.

As example you can see in the picture, if you displaying two overlapping Restricted Areas, one of them would not be displayed.

This is EDR 164 and 144- 144 from FL075-100 are not in the left bar.

It works fine in the official release.

B8DC67C3 A660 4B7C 855A C62E85FAC3C1

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Konrad. I managed to reproduce the AGL problem, and its fixed in upcoming beta. 

Regarding R144 not in the left bar, I don't understand exactly what you mean, sorry. I compared my 4.3.320 with the currently official 4.1.3, and both show the R144 and R164 stacked on top of eachother in the left side of the airspace window, and both versions look exactly the same. Can you maybe post the screenshot how you get it in 4.1.3? 

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Rob,

thats great news about AGL Fix. I found out AGL are working if you planing a route- if no route is displayed, it does not working. But if it is fixed in the next beta, it is great.

RE- Restricted Area -

Maybe difficult to explain. Here are two pictures. a) Green circle = If no overlapping the EDR144 would be displayed as it should (It starts at FL75)

Picture with red circle- the restricted bar is not correct if there is some overlapping with other Restricted areas

I hope, this is a bit more understandable.

Thank you

8F6DBC30 111A 414B AC7A 97D463F15BEF 1 105 c

A857E253 86B9 4811 9A13 D9FAEEE3A01A 1 105 c

BeantwoordenCiteren
leif
 leif
Prominent Member Beta tester

Hello Konrad,

your picture misses some essentials.

1.  Where is your  „i“  ?

2.  in your red circle, you are looking at EDR 164.  But you have cut off this information.  The EDR 164 starts at 2500 AGL (!)  which makes the altitude vary according to terrain.

EDR 144 will be on top, with no airspace in between.  So the bar goes from 2500 AGL to FL100.

Leif

BeantwoordenCiteren
Eminent Member

Hi Leif,

I try to make it more understandable. I clicked on EDR144 (FL075-FL100) everything would be displayed correctly.
If I click into EDR164 (2500-FL100) everything went wrong. The restricted bar starts at 4000ft (should be at 2500ft) and the overlapping EDR144 disappeared.

Best Regards,
Konrad

BeantwoordenCiteren
Active Member Beta tester

Hi team,

When testing this latest version in flight I noticed that when approaching EDDG the incorrect (tower) frequency is displayed in the instrument ribbon. There it showed 129.800 but the correct frequency is 129.805. See attached image for a screenshot taken in flight.

EV4 freq bug

Kind regards, Chris

Dit bericht is gewijzigd 1 jaar geleden door Chris Couenberg

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Geplaatst door: Chris Couenberg

Hi team,

When testing this latest version in flight I noticed that when approaching EDDG the incorrect (tower) frequency is displayed in the instrument ribbon. There it showed 129.800 but the correct frequency is 129.805. See attached image for a screenshot taken in flight.

EV4 freq bug

Kind regards, Chris

Hi Chris, I passed this on the the AeroData team, consider it fixed asap

BeantwoordenCiteren
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Leif,

I try to make it more understandable. I clicked on EDR144 (FL075-FL100) everything would be displayed correctly.
If I click into EDR164 (2500-FL100) everything went wrong. The restricted bar starts at 4000ft (should be at 2500ft) and the overlapping EDR144 disappeared.

Best Regards,
Konrad

Hi Conrad, check Leif's reply above. EDR164 is 2500FT AGL , not AMSL. Because terrain elevation is 2200ft, EDR164 starts at 2200+2500=4700ft AMSL. 

BeantwoordenCiteren
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.