galaxy tab s2 8" doesn't install

8 Berichten
2 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,347 Bekeken
Beta tester
Topic starter
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

My tab s2 t710 with android 7.0 (proc 64 bits) : installation refused "device not compatible".

Is it normal ?.

Thanks

Onderwerp trefwoorden
7 reacties
Admin
Honorable Member
Deelgenomen: 6 jaar geleden

Hi Georgeon,

Welcome to the beta testers forum! We have a similar Samsung tablet at the office for testing EasyVFR 4, the SM-T713. Runs great on that.

Do you have "installation from unknown/ external sources" enabled? 

-Tim

Beantwoorden
6 reacties
Beta tester

@timpeter

Hello,

"installation from unknown/ external sources" is enabled.

The installation program displays "Software not compatible with the phone" (in French)

J.F.

Beantwoorden
Admin

Honorable Member

@saintex150free-fr

hmm that is strange. Could you please start EasyVFR 3 and check the bit number at the startup screen with the "I agree" button, at the very top of the screen? Do you see either "Software version 3.97.16 (32)" or "Software version 3.97.16 (64)"? So (32) or (64)?

Thanks!

Beantwoorden
Beta tester

@timpeter

Hello,

The version displayed with EasyVFR 3 is 3.97.23 (32).

The processor of the tab s2 8" Wifi is an Exynos 7 Octa (5433) => 64-bits Octa-core.

I dont know why my EasyVFR 3 software is 32 bits (never check).

J.F.

Beantwoorden
Admin

Honorable Member

@saintex150free-fr

Hi Georgeon,

I did some reading and it looks like that Samsung never brought the Android 64-bit to the tab s2 8" Wifi. Although the Exynos 7 Octa (5433) is ready for the 64 architecture the installed operating system is 32-bit. Samsung never updated it. Therefore it can not work with 64-bit software. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you at this point.

Cheers,
Tim

Beantwoorden
Beta tester

@timpeter

Hello,

Bad news indeed !

Will you develop the 32 bits version for Easy VFR 4 ?

J.F.

Beantwoorden
Admin

Honorable Member

@saintex150free-fr

Hi Gorgeon,

No, unfortunately not.

The reason for this is that Apple, since iOS 11, has stopped supporting 32-bit. Google has similar plans. Therefore, we are forced to develop at least 64-bit.
Building a new app that runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit is possible but would drastically increase the needed resources, slow down development and would be limited to what a 32-bit system can do. EasyVFR 4 contains techniques that can not be done on 32-bit architecture.

So we decided to keep EasyVFR 3 alive as a separate app for as long as Google allows it. And build EasyVFR 4 for 64-bit only and a minimum of 2 GB RAM. Luckily all the recent tablets and phones are 64-bit, even some more affordable ones. We have good results with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and S4, as well as the new iPad Mini 5 and in general any tablet from the last 18 months.

Although it does not help you, I hope this makes it a bit more understandable.

Blue skies,
Tim

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.