8 Berichten
2 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,654 Bekeken
Beta tester
Topic starter
Trusted Member
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

Hello, for EV3 I have programmed FLARM emulator, that shows positions of other aircraft even without any hardware. It runs on same device and streams data on 127.0.0.1:2000, where EV3 picks it up. I do not use any PIN. In EV4 it must work differently, because EV4 does not pick data from 127.0.0.1:2000 server. I would also like to see FLARM indicator. I discovered that EV3 does not check the checksum at the end of NMEA sentence, so I do not calculate it either. May it be that EV4 check the checksum and therefore rejects NMEA sentences with incorrect checksum?

Can I know what changes in FLARM communication were made in EV4, so I can adjust my software? Thank you very much.

Onderwerp trefwoorden
7 reacties
Beta tester
Estimable Member

Hello Jan,

UDP port 2000 is still correct. No idea if CRC is checked. Unfortunatel can't attach screenshot. Forum currently allows size of 10B only 😉

Beantwoorden
1 reactie
Beta tester

Trusted Member

@jdjd24-de

Thanks very much for the response. You are writing that FLARM uses UDP protocol. On EasyVFR 3, there is a switch between TCP and UDP and I am using TCP. In EasyVFR 4 there is no switch. Can the EasyVFR 4 be changed to use TCP?

Thanks, Jan

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Estimable Member

Hello Jan,

I need to clarify my response. Sure, EV4 listens on TCP for FLARM. And as far as I know that's working correctly with real FLARM devices.

But: EV4 is also able to listen for FLARM sentences on UDP. Once PFLAU and PFLAA are sent to UDP port 2000 in conjunction with GPRMC, the location (GPS) source is identified as "PilotAware FLARM emulated" device.

Happy Landings

Ubi Sumus

Beantwoorden
1 reactie
Beta tester

Trusted Member

@ubi

Hello Ubi, thanks for response. May I please ask if PFLAU sentence is required for EVFR4 to pick up data from FLARM? And second question, does it communicate on UDP only or TCP as well?

How is it with GPRMC? I want EVFR4 to use own GPS and not to get it from external device.

Thanks, Jan

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Trusted Member

Thanks. I am broadcasting only PFLAA sentences over TCP 127.0.0.1:2000. Could it be it is not enough for EV4? It was sufficient for EV3.

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Estimable Member

Hello Jan,

I can only respond on how FLARM is handled in my easySIM tool emulating FLARM. For real FLARM devices or ither FLARM emulator you need to check with their provider.

The PF* sentences are FLARM specific and provide data about other objects only and do not give any current position information. For position information etc. the standard NMEA GP* sentences are used

PFLAU - Operating status, priority intruder and obstacle warnings
PFLAA - Data on other proximate aircraft

I have no idea if FLARM devices send over UDP as well. My easySim tool currently sends over UPP only. The TCP option there is dummy only. EV4 accepts FLARM sentences from easySIm on UDP.

Posted by: @ubi

But: EV4 is also able to listen for FLARM sentences on UDP. Once PFLAU and PFLAA are sent to UDP port 2000 in conjunction with GPRMC, the location (GPS) source is identified as "PilotAware FLARM emulated" device.

Happy Landings

Ubi Sumus

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Topic starter
Trusted Member

Hello I have other post one the topic - post-2590, so lets continue there please, Thanks, Jan

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.