6 Berichten
4 Gebruikers
1 Vind-ik-leuks
1,399 Bekeken
Thomas Treptow
Beta tester
Topic starter
Deelgenomen: 5 jaar geleden

The scale indicator on the map currently increases and decreases in increments of 1 nautical mile when zooming in our zooming out.

It would be better to limit the increments to steps of multiple of 5 or 10 nautical miles. For zoom levels in between, the length of the indicator should be adjusted. This would ease the estimate of distances on the moving map.

Screenshot 20190621 210733 EasyVFR 4

The behavior in EV3 was just right. 

5 reacties
Admin
Honorable Member
Deelgenomen: 6 jaar geleden

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will mention it to the UI guys but not sure if this will get any priority soon..

Perhaps I can give you an alternative method to reach your goal. In EasyVFR there is a "secret" method to measure the distance on the map (works only for touchscreens).
Tap and hold your fingers on the two locations where you would like to know the distance between. A blue-white line appears with the course and distance value. You can even do this for multiple locations at once. EV4 will then not only give you the distance in between but also the total distance. See this screen video I just made for you.

Does this work for you? ?

Cheers,
Tim

Beantwoorden
1 reactie
Admin
Deelgenomen: 6 jaar geleden

Honorable Member

Just now, I hear in this latest screen video that there is music recorded that was playing over my phones earphones while doing the recording. I am sorry you had to hear that ? 

Beantwoorden
Beta tester
Reputable Member

I like the 1 nautical mile zoom increments!

Alan.

Beantwoorden
Thomas Treptow
Beta tester
Topic starter

Tim, this an additional nice feature, but could be difficult in rough air. The scale should definetely not use increments of 1, since it is used as a reference for estimating distances on the map. Application of the rule of three would be difficult with odd numbers.

The scale should only use 1, 2, 5 and their decimals. See also scale on Google maps.

Thomas

Beantwoorden
Stewart Buckingham
Honorable Member

I liked the music! (Once I realised you had to tap to see the video running! D'oh!)

Alan, FTAOD the actual zooming will still be "continuous", it's only how the current setting will be represented by how the scale bar is drawn that woudl change. Actually I can see advantages in both methods". I agree with Thomas that with 10 mile increments it is easy to say "the distance between those two towns looks to be about 60% of the length of the scale-bar, and the scale bar is 20 miles so the towns are about 12 miles apart". working out a distance that is x% of a 17-mile scale bar is perhaps not so obvious. But on the other hand, with the current method, if you are used to flying with the scale bar set at say 20 miles, if you temporarily change the zoom it is easy to set it back to 20 whereas with Thomas's method the number will show as 20 (but with different bar-lengths) for any zoom setting which under the current method would be labelled anywhere between 15 and 25.

In any case Thomas's suggestion would need to be modified a bit to work when very zoomed in.  We can zoom in to scales where the whole screen width on a phone is a fraction of a mile so any zoom setting where a 10 mile scale bar would exceed the screen width would need to be able to display bars of say 5,  or 2, or 1, or 0.5, or 0.25 miles.

Beantwoorden
Mijn winkelwagen
Je winkelwagen is leeg.

Het lijkt erop dat je nog geen keuze hebt gemaakt.